+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 238 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The hyperventilation treatment is what stops my hiccups!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Is it just me, or does that sound stupid?
    No, it sounds stupid to me too, just like those 'oxygen bars' that supposedly were going to be the big trend a while back. If you need oxygen due to respiratory problems or because you're getting altitude sickness, a few onces won't do the trick, I don't think.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Here's a fad that's beyond tired: I wish the word 'sick' would die off as a synonym for cool. It's been around for years, and it's time for it to go.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Waywyrd, can we send "rockin" with it? As in "She was rockin' that dress"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    No, it sounds stupid to me too, just like those 'oxygen bars' that supposedly were going to be the big trend a while back. If you need oxygen due to respiratory problems or because you're getting altitude sickness, a few onces won't do the trick, I don't think.
    As the one person here who thought they might give it a try, there is an actual reason for me to do so. I'm prone to developing pneumonia because of poor air quality in the downtown core in the summer (I've done so three times). This is because it's hard to get a deep breath when there is so much particulate in the air, and extended periods of shallow breathing can cause the lungs to infect more easily. I am willing to try anything that will allow me to get at least one deep breath following my commute to work.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Isn't hyperventilating caused by taking in too much oxygen and not getting rid of enough co2? If tha's the case then I can see teen kids taking in too much of a flavored o2 and it causing problems. Of course the o2 might be safer for them than the spray paint that many sniff now.
    My mom was on oxygen for almost 10 years before she died. Several times she was hospitalized because her body could not get rid of the CO2 and they couldn't take her off the oxygen either. They would do breathing treatments and a variety of drugs to keep the CO2 from poisoning her to death. But the dr. always told us that it was her body's reaction to the oxygen that caused the CO2 poisening.

I think the oxygen bars and oxygen in a can are stupid. I guess because I dealt with liquid oxygen and concentrators of my moms for so many years and saw that she HAD to have the oxygen to live as opposed to just doing it for "fun". I can see it if you have a real need for it like Rattus or someone else, but this just looks like a marketing ploy to me.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy View Post
    the fad of politically correctness
    YES!!! I totally agree. PC-ness has done wonders for some areas that needed cleaning up, but as with anything its been taken WAY WAY WAY over the top!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    "THE WORD IS I'M SORRY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
    How about "the words are I'm sorry" or "the word is sorry?" Otherwise you may have some teenager stop trying to apologize to you, put on his Junior Grammar Cop badge and say "Your bad!"

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    My mom was on oxygen for almost 10 years before she died. Several times she was hospitalized because her body could not get rid of the CO2 and they couldn't take her off the oxygen either. They would do breathing treatments and a variety of drugs to keep the CO2 from poisoning her to death. But the dr. always told us that it was her body's reaction to the oxygen that caused the CO2 poisening.

I think the oxygen bars and oxygen in a can are stupid. I guess because I dealt with liquid oxygen and concentrators of my moms for so many years and saw that she HAD to have the oxygen to live as opposed to just doing it for "fun". I can see it if you have a real need for it like Rattus or someone else, but this just looks like a marketing ploy to me.

YES!!! I totally agree. PC-ness has done wonders for some areas that needed cleaning up, but as with anything its been taken WAY WAY WAY over the top!
    Well I am easily confused and I think that I may have been thinking of emphysema which is a disease that allows you to breath in, but not out very well. That causes a build up of CO2. Sorry for my ramblings. Carry on.

Listen, I'm not a parent so I really am speaking out of context here. It's just that I was in line earlier today at a grocery store and the Mom in front of me is standing with a teen dressed in:

A micro- micro skirt
    A Playboy "bunny" logo mid-riff barring top
    5" acrylic hooker heels

She was just a girl!!! It was gross, how could a parent let their kid out of the house that way. I swear I'm not a prude! But really, girls sure as HEdoubble hockey sticks didn't dress that way when I was in grade 7 or 8.

I just find it uncomfortable and inappropriate. Are there any parents out there? Honestly, do you set boundaries when it comes to your childrens clothing? There seems to be so much of the 'Christina Dirty' culture out there today.
    I knew everything at 18, and know nothing at 38.
    I'm happier knowing nothing.

I so agree with you Sun84. I really don't understand why girls are "dumbing themselves down" by dressing themselves down into the gutter. Not a good image to portray. But hey, it's all about the money. I was in La Senza and you should see the lingerie that girls are picking out to wear under their school clothes. And now there's a La Senza Girl store for them young-uns only. Sheesh.

Now that outfit you mentioned: A micro- micro skirt, A Playboy "bunny" logo mid-riff barring top, 5" acrylic hooker heels, that's what you wear to the mall these days isn't it?

Attachment 17890
    I don't get the word "peeps". As far as I know, that means those little marshmallow chicks that come around at Easter time. Where did come from? Another rap song?
    Last edited by misskitty; 08-30-2006 at 03:05 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread