+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 238 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

MRD
    I've said it before and I'll say it again: Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you should wear it.

I'm a plus size woman (shrinking more everyday, down 86 pounds now!!!!) and I would NEVER wear some of the stuff I see other plus size women wearing. I like to look fashionable, but also in good taste and I don't like looking at my fat, so what makes me think others out in public would like to see that lily white flab hanging over my jeans!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Well sometimes I wonder why in heck they make it in "your size" don't you? We all know that some people can't be trusted to know what looks presentable so why tempt them? Certain styles should not be made in larger sizes and that's a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone View Post
    I said this earlier, but I have 9 pairs of Crocs.
    Hope it's ok to jump into this conversation? I am considering buying a pair of Crocs to wear around the house - I've always been a barefoot kind of gal, but my feet hurt without cushioning and support - especially while I am cooking, and call me fussy, but I hate the idea of wearing shoes that have been all over town (public restroom) in the house. Do they get hot? I know they have ventilation holes, but is it enough or do socks take care of the problem? I'll be ordering over the net, do they run true to size? Thanks.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    If I never hear the words "cool beans" again, it will be too soon. It is stupid!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    If I never hear the words "cool beans" again, it will be too soon. It is stupid!
    HA HA! I have a friend who says that all the time and I love her to death but if I never hear it again, it'll be too soon!

OK, not even sure how to describe this but... I can't stand how teenagers dance now. OK, I know I sound like a total prude but everytime I watch MTV, all the reality shows and videos show the girls grinding their behinds into the boys' crotches. (Can I say crotch on this board?) I know they think it's sexy, but it just looks so tacky and gross. For Pete's sake--just have sex on TV instead, why don't cha?

I will now go back to my retirement home and knit...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am quite sick of the word "dope". As in that new purse is "dope".

UGH!

My teenage daughter says she is sick of the word "groovy". I am pretty sure I have never used that word.

I'm bad about using the words "cool" and "bad" because way back in the ancient 1970's we used the word "bad" to mean good and it confuses the heck out of my daughter now.

Oh and Lois, I think I'm sitting in the rocking chair next to you knitting.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Lois Lane and myrosiedog, I'm knitting right along with you and we must be putting together a heck of an afghan. These young people today , I can't believe that they behave the way they do in public, never mind on camera. In my day, if I accidentally brushed against a boy's nether regions it was cause to blush with shame and hide in the house for days until the incident was forgotten and...
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar
    Myrosiedog and Rattus, maybe we're at least the three hippest folks knitting in our rockers? (Or should that be off our rockers?!)

Get rid of The term "my bad".. Just what the heck does it translate from or where did it come from?
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

myrosiedog: ...I'm a plus size woman (shrinking more everyday, down 86 pounds now!!!!)
    That is amazing myrosiedog!! How great is that?

I think I'm going to pull up a rocking chair with you girls, if you don't mind and there's room. I haven't even heard some of the words you are referring to: cool beans? dope? It's like that commericial for running shoes, they're so Bad, they'll make you Phat!

gabriel: I think that 'my bad' translates into something close to 'my mistake'. But where that came from I haven't a clue.
    ---------------------------------------
    E.T.A. - sorry had to look these up now. I guess I'm considered a person from an older generation From the Urban Dictionary : http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=my+bad

1) My bad
    A way of admitting a mistake, and apologizing for that mistake, without actually apologizing. The best definition I ever read of this, now paraphrased:

"I did something bad, and I recognize that I did something bad, but there is nothing that can be done for it now, and there is technically no reason to apologize for that error, so let's just assume that I won't do it again, get over it, and move on with our lives."

Ruder than apologizing, but with the same meaning: a flippant apology.

"You just spilled your beer on my term paper!!"
    "Er... my bad."

2) my bad
    A combination of an apology and a dismissal. Basically, saying "oh yeah, I did that, but I don't care".
    Persons of an older generation can find this quite annoying to hear when expecting an actual apology.

"Hey, you spilled my Coke all over me!"
    "Oh. My bad."
    "#@%$!"

3) my bad
    A grammatically incorrect way of acknowledging (facetiously) a wrongdoing.
    Used very commonly by gangsta-wannabes and other sorts of conforming posers, the terrible grammar tends to drive literate people up the wall in absolute irritation.

"Jared! Did you drop the baby?"
    "Oh. Ha. My bad!"
    "WHAT THE F?!?!"

4) Cool Beans
    -A slang term that actually began it's use in the late 60's/early 70's. Popularized by the pop culture of the time. Used to describe something very favorable or pleasing. Great. Very nice.
    -Its just a enhanced version of kool and can be substituted in its place whenever extra enthusiasm is needed.
    - a slightly 70's style phrase which acts as an exclamation of approval to a previous statement

Cheech: Hey man, look at this car made out of weed!
    Chong: Oh cool beans, man!

5) Dope
    A word that describes something that is extremely cool, such as music, clothes, people, etc.

Ain't nobody dope as me, I'm dressed so fresh so clean...Outkast
    Last edited by misskitty; 07-21-2006 at 04:54 PM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

+ Reply to Thread