+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 238 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

The last two shirts I bought without trying them on, had really long sleeves. At first I thought it was just a factory mistake, but then I went to the company's website, and saw that they were designed that way. I just rolled them up, because I like them, but this is a strange fad.

Muduh
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander View Post
    The last two shirts I bought without trying them on, had really long sleeves. At first I thought it was just a factory mistake, but then I went to the company's website, and saw that they were designed that way. I just rolled them up, because I like them, but this is a strange fad.
    http://www.revolveclothing.com/images/TROV-MS60_V1.jpg
    I really hate that look. Plus it seems that everyone wears them without buttoning the cuffs. Tacky.

Lotuslander: Nice photo Those are called bell cuffs I believe, when they're on women's shirts. I've never seen then on any guys though.

Everyone: Yes, those garden shoes. They have a trade name though, but I can't remember it. I would never wear them to work or out for dinner. They look very casual and would be good at home or getting groceries. But I saw a women wear them on the Avenue with a skirt and they looked horrible. They were the bright orange and didn't go with anything she had on. Not flattering.

I do think that some people can carry them off without a problem, but you need to consider what you're doing and where you're going. I'm sure that now I've said that, if I try them on, I'll probably like them. But I would want a black or navy or something darker.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Everyone: Yes, those garden shoes. They have a trade name though, but I can't remember it.
    They're called crocs. The first time I saw them was in Missouri over a year ago. They hit California this summer.

http://www.extremefootwear.com/images/shoesv3_r6_c5.jpg
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member
    I said this earlier, but I have 9 pairs of Crocs. Silly? Yes. But it's fun. I wear them to work and change colors depending on what color of scrubs I'm wearing. I see them all the time, they are very popular among nurses for the comfort factor. I also wear them out running errands, doing yard work, restaurants and I have even worn them to church (I go to the contemporary service and everyone dresses casually). A couple of times I have forgotten my workout shoes and have done my Curves workout in Crocs. They don't slip at all and it was fine. I can't say enough about how comfortable they are, plus you can throw them in the sink and scrub them down when they get dirty. I bought my first pair on my way home from a funeral. My heels were killing me and when I got them I promptly sat down, took off the heels and put the Crocs on, so I was walking through the mall in a black dress and baby blue Crocs. I know it looked stupid, but when your feet hurt that bad you don't care.
    Last edited by Marleybone; 07-16-2006 at 01:13 AM.

Boom Bazooka Joe! Endless Flight Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I owned a pair of clogs about 13 years ago, wouldn't dare brandish them in this day and age. Hell, what was i thinking then? I also used to wear them with socks. hey, i was 9.
    Blow a kiss, fire a gun, we need someone to lean on

You know what trend I wish would go away? Women who wear low rise jeans and tight tops when they don't have the body for it. Where I work, I see more fat hanging over pants and bulging out from under shirts - not to mention plumber butt - on women of all ages. How can you not notice this when you look in the mirror? Just because you can button a pair of pants doesn't mean they fit. I'm the last person to judge someone about their weight but I'm sorry, if you're a size 22, you can't wear the exact same styles as a size 4.

I have a white dress shirt that I wear with the cuffs unbuttoned. It's cute
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander View Post
    http://www.revolveclothing.com/images/TROV-MS60_V1.jpg

Those cuffs look silly.
    - The Dean Martin Show -
    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

https://www.facebook.com/paul.bischoff.12

I dont know if this has already been discussed but I can tell my age is starting to show because I cannot stand the new long'ish' hairstyles on 'the kids' these days. My 12 year old likes his hair unkempt and in his eyes and I thought it was just him but I'm seeing a real comeback on the 70's hairdo, kind of wavy, kind of long..bleh.

I'll take a squared away clean cut any day.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    You know what trend I wish would go away? Women who wear low rise jeans and tight tops when they don't have the body for it. Where I work, I see more fat hanging over pants and bulging out from under shirts - not to mention plumber butt - on women of all ages. How can you not notice this when you look in the mirror? Just because you can button a pair of pants doesn't mean they fit. I'm the last person to judge someone about their weight but I'm sorry, if you're a size 22, you can't wear the exact same styles as a size 4.
    Amen...I even see smaller women with this problem as I think "just because you're a 6 doesn't mean you don't need to firm up that tire puffing over your pants!"
    "We don't see things as they are, we see things as we are." ~Anais Nin

"Sometimes the heart sees what is invisible to the eye." ~H. Jackson Brown Jr

+ Reply to Thread