+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 238 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

stilleto heels? there are just plain dangerous.

I just got a pair of espadrille natural shoes with ballet ties.

Thank You! Stiletto heels it was. Lord my Mom could walk in those and others I would see wobbling all over the place.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I actually love those black shoes shown above. I need the height. I'm petite. And the heels at least won't snap in two if you get stuck in a sidewalk grill.

I like ballet ties, but how to they stay up? I tried some one once, but when I started walking then fell down when my leg muscles moved. Do they have to be really, really tight?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Ooh, I love the black heels too. Even though I know they'd kill my feet after ten steps.
    I was put off the ballet-tie type shoes back in high school, when I DID ballet, and the lace of one of my shoes came undone during a recital. Hard to go on pointe when the shoe's flopping all over the place.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    Thank You! Stiletto heels it was. Lord my Mom could walk in those and others I would see wobbling all over the place.
    What's funny is watching my mom in those and a fabulous cocktail dress trying to walk in them after she'd had one too many cocktails at the party she and my dad went too.

I couldn't have walked in them sober!!!

These came back in style in the 80's too. Amazing how styles come back around. I guess if we keep this thread long enough in a few years, the things that we all hated will be back around again as new fads.

Do you think those Members Only jackets will stage a comback????
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

When (and WHY??) did garden clogs become so freakin popular? I went to one of the theme parks the other day and saw them EVERYWHERE on kids and adults both. I realize that they're good for the water rides so you don't end up walking around with icky socks and sneakers, but man, I'm ready to never see a pair of them again. They just don't look comfortable to me, but I could be wrong since I've never put a pair on and have no intention of doing it either.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Those are awful, Libs. My daughter keeps trying to get me to buy them for her and I refuse.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Premium Member
    libra and dagwood - I thought the same thing, that they were the ugliest most stupid looking things I had ever seen, until I tried on a pair. Now I hardly wear anything else. I now have 9 pairs of these in all different colors. Seriously, they are the most comfortable things I have ever worn. I've been wearing them to work for a year now, I work 24 hour shifts and since I've been wearing them my feet and legs never hurt.

I sort of wanted a pair to wear when I work in the wet flower beds but I have narrow feet and those shoes are anything BUT narrow. They look like Dutch shoes on me and are not comfortable at all. I like them and wish they would fit.

Quote Originally Posted by libra1022 View Post
    When (and WHY??) did garden clogs become so freakin popular? I went to one of the theme parks the other day and saw them EVERYWHERE on kids and adults both. I realize that they're good for the water rides so you don't end up walking around with icky socks and sneakers, but man, I'm ready to never see a pair of them again. They just don't look comfortable to me, but I could be wrong since I've never put a pair on and have no intention of doing it either.
    Ugh, I hate those too. My sister told me about them about a year ago, when they were apparently a trend in WVa. I thought she was nuts, but now I see them everywhere.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

+ Reply to Thread