+ Reply to Thread
Page 51 of 238 FirstFirst ... 414243444546474849505152535455565758596061101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Well...not to knock my sexy neighbour's SUV - they do their part saving on gas because her husband drives an even bigger Dodge Ram that runs on diesel, and he starts up that sucker every morning at 6:30 am and lets it run for oh, at least 5 minutes before he roars off down the street. Now, I'm generally up by that time, but it is pretty nice of him to wake up the entire block - we never have to worry if we forget to set our alarms, because that sound is guaranteed to get us out of bed. Did I mention these were the same neighbours that bought their 7- and 5-year-olds an ATV of their own?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    Well...not to knock my sexy neighbour's SUV - they do their part saving on gas because her husband drives an even bigger Dodge Ram that runs on diesel, and he starts up that sucker every morning at 6:30 am and lets it run for oh, at least 5 minutes before he roars off down the street.
    Isn't that against the law? I know that in Toronto there's a law prohibiting the idling of a vehicle for more than, I think, 2 minutes but I'm not sure if it's a widespread law. If not, it should be.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

No ma'am, not here in the Prairies. I would understand if it was the dead of winter and he needed to warm it up, but he does it year 'round. I can't imagine what he needs such an enormous pickup for anyway, he just drives himself back and forth to his (white-collar) job everyday. It's not a huge aggravation to me...I don't agree with a lot of things this family does, but it's mostly just plain nosiness/snarkiness on my part.

Another fad I hope dies out quickly - those Tamagotchie toys the kids all have hanging around their necks (my daughter too). They make these random noises at all hours - I cannot understand how her teacher puts up with these annoying little noisemakers. But apparently the kids are allowed to wear them in class.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    http://www.westernweddingboots.com/ladies/uniquebridalwear/images/gladiatorsandalsromansandalskn eehigh.jpg

These are singlehandedly the ugliest boots/sandals that i've ever seen. I've seen quite a few women here wearing them. Ick! This is one ugly trend.
    Well I haven't seen anything quite like that since I saw Charleton(sp) Heston wear some.

I don't believe they'd serve me well. By the time I got all the buckles buckled, it would be time to take them back off.

AJane, my daughter got a NeoPet at her birthday last September. I think those are similar to what you're talking about. This one is a dog and it's been in my car forever. Everytime we get in, it starts barking.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I don't believe they'd serve me well. By the time I got all the buckles buckled, it would be time to take them back off.

I just think ewwww, whenever i see it. Why models would be slinking down the runway in this is beyond me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I know that I'm generalizing when I say this, but here goes.

Most models don't look intelligent enough to even know that they look dumb.

lol @ muduh...

and AJane? I have one of those idiots across the street from me as well!!!!

MRD
    OK, I have to stop posting pet peeves and stuff. The parking one came back to bite me on the butt. Hubby and I went out to dinner and he had to "back in" the parking spot after riding around the lot for half an hour trying to get a closer spot. This drives me insane anyway and then the backing in. When we got out of the restaurant, I walked to the car and noticed he had managed to get the car parked kind of diagonally in the space and was so close to the other car near the drivers side he could barely fit in.

I told him, you are the people we talk about on the FORT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    All in the quest of a "closer spot". Ummmm-hmmm...
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread