+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 238 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100150 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by dahoney7 View Post
    I hate all those shorts or pants, whether they be for children or young women, with something written on the backside. To me it looks so stupid and I hope that trend quickly dies out.
    I would never wear anything that said anything on the butt. It's like the trend in the 80's to wear a big bow over the butt. Nothing like calling attention to most peoples worst asset. Pun intended.

Maybe there should be more truth in the "advertising" so to speak. Print Wide Load or Gaseous exhaust on the butts and people would stop wearing them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Why is it that trends in women's clothing have made it's way to little girls' clothing too?
    Where is everyone shopping? My oldest wears a 7/8, and for the summer I have bought her cute capri pants, knee-length denim shorts with pretty embroidery (you know, the kind that give adult women that sausage look to our thighs), a sleveless tunic top...all the stuff I bought is from Wal-Mart or Old Navy, and her grandmas have gotten her skorts and matching tops that are in no way trashy-looking (they are mainly Sears & Zellers shoppers). The tunic-type tops do mimic the adult style, but are perfectly modest and age-appropriate. Geez, I remember wearing halter tops as a youngster (I grew up in the '70's and that was the fashion of the day - does no one else remember those matching halter & shorts sets in that velour-type fabric?), and no one thought I looked like a hooker. I draw my line at the suggestive messages on pant bottoms or on t-shirts - my girls are not permitted to wear those kinds of things.

I, personally, would love to buy a pair of pants with "Wide Load" written across the behind, just so I could walk by my neighbour's house with them on - the neighbour who works in her front garden wearing a string bikini and spends her days driving herself to and from the gym and the tanning salon in her enormous SUV.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane View Post
    on - the neighbour who works in her front garden wearing a string bikini and spends her days driving herself to and from the gym and the tanning salon in her enormous SUV.
    Umm, I can't believe that. You shouild probably post some pictures just to prove it.
    Some people are like slinkies, they're useless until you push them down the stairs.

Finallyhere.

Ajane, I've bought my daughter several outfits at Walmart this year. They have some cute stuff while still being age appropriate.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I would never wear anything that said anything on the butt. It's like the trend in the 80's to wear a big bow over the butt. Nothing like calling attention to most peoples worst asset. Pun intended.

Maybe there should be more truth in the "advertising" so to speak. Print Wide Load or Gaseous exhaust on the butts and people would stop wearing them.
    And some of us could probably put the Gettysburg address on ours, but why would we want to?

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    And some of us could probably put the Gettysburg address on ours, but why would we want to?
    Oh Muduh, that one has me:

I think I'll get the Constitution printed on mine so that I can show those self entitled jerks in the parking lot that there is no constitutional right to park like an [FA edit] (refer to pet peeve thread on this one)
    Last edited by Marleybone; 06-07-2006 at 12:15 PM. Reason: language

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    Oh Muduh, that one has me:

I think I'll get the Constitution printed on mine so that I can show those self entitled jerks in the parking lot that there is no constitutional right to park like an [FA edit] (refer to pet peeve thread on this one)
    Well print it REALLY LARGE, because Ive been banished to the nose bleed section of the lot. (I drive an SUV)
    Last edited by Marleybone; 06-07-2006 at 12:16 PM. Reason: edited quote

Well print it REALLY LARGE, because Ive been banished to the nose bleed section of the lot. (I drive an SUV)
    Good one, Muduh! I still refuse to park way out there just because I drive one.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

MRD
    I'm referring to the idiots that drive a new mercedes or lexus or mustang or whatever and not necessarily an SUV that will park diagonally across 3 spaces so no one can park next to them. If you do that in your SUV, then you get my ire as well. But if you park in the slots assigned like the rest of us do and only take up one spot, then great.

These are singlehandedly the ugliest boots/sandals that i've ever seen. I've seen quite a few women here wearing them. Ick! This is one ugly trend.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread