+ Reply to Thread
Page 49 of 238 FirstFirst ... 39404142434445464748495051525354555657585999149 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Hang in there beer--it is hard to quit but well worth it. I used to smoke and loved every puff, but after a lung X-ray showed a spot and I had to have these cat-scans where they inject dye in your veins--I decided to quit cold turkey. The tests showed there was nothing there, must have been a mistake on the x-=rays!! I was so grateful and decided I never wanted to go thru a scare like again so I stopped. It was uncomfortable, but I just kept picturing what i could be facing in several years if I didnt quit. Its been 5 years this November.
    On the other hand, cigarette smokers shouldn't be so villified and hunted down like society's worst offenders. As long as tobacco is a legal product which the government is makeing huge profit off of--here in Canada its massive--smokers should have a place to smoke that doesnt bother others. Also, once smokers have been eradicated, who will be next on the list of society's offenders? You just know there will have to be another target.

Why is it that trends in women's clothing have made it's way to little girls' clothing too?
    Strength does not come from physical capacity, it comes from an indomitable will. - Mahatma Ghandi

Quote Originally Posted by britty05 View Post
    Why is it that trends in women's clothing have made it's way to little girls' clothing too?
    Right on sister. I have a 7 yrs old and I want her to look like a little girl for awhile yet. Because she wears size 8 almost everything looks like she should be down on the street corner. I mostly try to shop at sears, the childrens place, and lands end.

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    ... I do have one friend who still after 6 years wonders why I get p***ed off when I am talking and all of a sudden he is carrying on a phone conversation.
    gabriel: You can call me anytime. On a regular line! . Mona and Joey can talk to Gracie and Mr. Tootles about their human staff problems

------------
    I really have to wince when I go to the hospital and see doctors huddled in a group outside, just puffing away, to get their 10 minutes break of nicotine in . And the therapist who runs out at our break and returns to class and smells to high heaven because the ventilation isn't very good.

I can understand that patients just can't quit right now because they're in hospital, but the doctors and staff really should know better. It doesn't set a good example. And I know it's not easy. It took a case of cancer to make my uncle stop cold turkey. But my aunt continues, regardless.
    ----------------

And I'm still surprised to see very young girls wandering throughout La Senza picking out thongs and push-up bras. They should leave them alone until they're older, and then they're be more selection for, ...you know, ....ME!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

misskitty, I ofen think about going to the hospital, when my father in law was there. This one older man who pushed his IV pole, with tubes stuck everywhere, was always out in the glass enclosure puffing away. This went on in the hottest and coldest weather. He was there for months and spent almost the entire day in that cubicle. Can you imagine how enjoyable that must have been?

I also dislike the grownup look for children. I think my strongest dislike is still the message scrolled across their scrawny little rear ends. Why call attention to a child's butt?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I really like that saying...everybody will stop smoking........eventually, one way or another.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I really like that saying...everybody will stop smoking........eventually, one way or another.
    Yes, you're right about that. My chain smoking next door neighbor stopped smoking, and breathing at 4 am on Saturday. We'll miss him, but not the butts all over our yard and driveway.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Exactly.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I also dislike the grownup look for children. I think my strongest dislike is still the message scrolled across their scrawny little rear ends. Why call attention to a child's butt?
    My objection to these isn't the fact that there's a message on their tiny hineys, it's the message itself. Diva, Hussy, etc...... ugh.

Jordan had these little Joe Boxer sweatpants that fit him from age 3-5ish (he's a runt) and they had the most adorable little smiley face (just the eyes and mouth with a tongue hanging out.) I absolutely LOVED those sweatpants and wanted to cry when he finally grew out of them.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    I hate all those shorts or pants, whether they be for children or young women, with something written on the backside. To me it looks so stupid and I hope that trend quickly dies out.

+ Reply to Thread