+ Reply to Thread
Page 47 of 238 FirstFirst ... 37383940414243444546474849505152535455565797147 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    I don't have a cell phone yet but already know i wont be texting, ( im not pro it)nor will i pretend to cling to it t every second as if it were my lifeline.
    I enjoy the idea of just throwing it in my bag and forgetting it's there.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

The rage here is to get an Oiler's tattoo. Any tattoo: Go Oilers Go, Go Oil, Oilers logo, and for one crazy fan, an entire full length back tattoo of the Stanley Cup with an Oiler's Logo and the pawprint logo of the radio station having a contest about something where the guy MAY win $35,000.

Do these jubilant fans realize that this is just a hockey game? And that the tattoo is permanent. Even if we don't win the CUP? I LOVE all the temporary tattoos on everyones faces, and arms, and cheeks, and whatever, but you gotta think a minute before you do the real thing!

Don't you?
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Dinahann View Post
    I have a work issued cell phone to get in touch with my clients. I'm allowed to use it in case of emergency but NOT to call Africa and chat for half an hour like a coworker did.

Cell phones are handy for some things, but I've never been struck by the urge to chat while standing in line at the grocery store or at lunch. I enjoy my free time too much for interruptions.
    I always think the point to this is that the cellphone chatting person is just hugely important and the rest of us dweebs should just consider it an honor to be inconvenienced by their rudeness. My question is, what makes them more important NOW than we were twenty years ago when we were doing everything that they are now, and probably more, with no cell phone in sight?

If someone, and I don't care who they are, need to carry on a lengthy conversation then they need to take it somewhere out of the way of others. No matter how important we like to think we are, it probably isn't actually true. I can't see the world stopping to spin because someone failed to answer that little nuisance.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    The rage here is to get an Oiler's tattoo. Any tattoo: Go Oilers Go, Go Oil, Oilers logo, and for one crazy fan, an entire full length back tattoo of the Stanley Cup with an Oiler's Logo and the pawprint logo of the radio station having a contest about something where the guy MAY win $35,000.

Do these jubilant fans realize that this is just a hockey game? And that the tattoo is permanent. Even if we don't win the CUP? I LOVE all the temporary tattoos on everyones faces, and arms, and cheeks, and whatever, but you gotta think a minute before you do the real thing!

Don't you?
    WE are Tampa Bay Buccaneer's fans and Tampa Lightening fans when the Buc's won the superbowl and the lightening won the Stanley Cup, there were a LOT of tattoos of the logos of both teams done. I guess if you are that much of a sports fan, then its nothing! But you better hope you remain a fan for life if you are getting a tattoo of your team.
    And no, I'm not THAT much of a fan to have gotten a tattoo of my team!

Muduh, you need to rent Last Holiday with Queen Latifah, you will LOVE what she does to her bosses cell phone. He acts like one of those self important asshats with his phone and she finally has enough.

I hate to hear the conversations that everyone carries on. I think its rude and my friend does it constantly. I told her one day that they could probably surgically remove that phone from her ear. She didn't think it was funny. But she is addicted to it. I swear! The days we were out to see without cell phone service, she was having withdrawals from it. I hated that she had it on vacation, but she did need to check on her kids, but the days we had service she called home about 10 times a day. I called home twice in 8 days. I figured if they needed me, they knew how to get in touch with me.
    Last edited by MRD; 06-03-2006 at 10:20 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I'm in this crowd. While I have a cell phone, I'll probably cancel it at the end of the agreement, hardly ever use it. I do have one friend who still after 6 years wonders why I get p***ed off when I am talking and all of a sudden he is carrying on a phone conversation.

Most cell phone users are obnoxious.....I work in the medical field and when I am taking a patient back to triage them and get them ready for the doctor....some have had the odasity to take a call and act as if "I" should wait....well, I don't take that crap for a second....you are on my time and were extremely busy....you wanna talk....go outside and let us know when you are ready....I am not waiting....guess your problem wasn't that important to begin with,eh?

and you are not allowed to even have your cell on when you are taken back due to possible interference with our equipment....and they look at you like you're crazy.....geesh! what part of that don't you understand?

Sort of makes you feel like second choice, doesn't it Gabriel? Maybe you should just leave and then call him. You'd probably have a better conversation that way.

I'm off to the video store.

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by redbird68 View Post
    Most cell phone users are obnoxious.....I work in the medical field and when I am taking a patient back to triage them and get them ready for the doctor....some have had the odasity to take a call and act as if "I" should wait....well, I don't take that crap for a second....you are on my time and were extremely busy....you wanna talk....go outside and let us know when you are ready....I am not waiting....guess your problem wasn't that important to begin with,eh?

and you are not allowed to even have your cell on when you are taken back due to possible interference with our equipment....and they look at you like you're crazy.....geesh! what part of that don't you understand?
    I used to be a medical assisant to an OB/GYN. I took a patient back once that was talking on her cell in the waiting room, talking on it while I weighed her, did her blood pressure, etc. I expected her to be lying on the table with her feet in the stirrups talking on her phone while she got her pap smear.
    I so wanted to tell her: "ma'am, if you don't finish your cell phone conversation, I will be forced to add 20 pounds to your weight when I write it in your chart"

We also had another medical assistant who used to carry and answer her cell phone all the time. With patients she was working up (in the exam rooms!!!!!!) and in staff meetings. She actually got up from a staff meeting and took the call outside. YOu could have heard a pin drop when she came back in and the office manager was glaring daggers at her. They finally had to tell her that she could NOT use her cell phone at work, it had to be turned off and in her purse locked up in the employee breakroom. Her answer: "but the doctors and midwifes get to use theirs." HELLOOOOO They are delivering babies and the hospital needs to call them frequently at work to tell them when to come to the hospital for a delivery. She never got it.

Redbird, don't you so want to say to them: I'm sorry, but your cell phone just interrferred with the patient in the next cubicle and his heart monitor quit and he just died of a heart attack thanks to your cell phone.
    I know you can't, but wouldn't that wake them up and make them think twice about it.

I love the people that talk on the cell phone and give a blow by blow of what they are doing: "I just walked in the shoe store. The blue shoes are so cute. Here comes the salesman. Ohhh, they fit, I think I'll buy them, now I'm going to Barnies for coffee. Oh, they have French Vanilla today, should I get the biscotti?

If you want to go shop with someone, invite a real person along, not someone on your cell. I've seen this done and I've had it done to me while I was home on my home phone listening to the person shopping. I hate it.

I also hate when a friend calls me and then never talks to me on the phone, but yells at her kids, talks to her husband, talks to the kids, etc. meanwhile, I am sitting there thinking: and she called me why?????
    I've hung up before and she will call back and say: Why'd you hang up and I flat out told her: you sounded too busy to talk to me, so I figured when it was a better time, you'd call back.
    Last edited by MRD; 06-03-2006 at 11:00 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

well.. if we're gonna talk about previous patients we've had... let's talk about a fad that I hate, that I know will never ever ever go away.

SMOKING!!!!

I just don't get how this is still suppose to look cool?

I'm in my rotations currently for medical school, but I've been a paramedic for awhile. One time on my way into the hospital with a patient on a stretcher, bringing them INTO THE ER for CHEST PAIN... she asked if we could wait outside for a second while she has a smoke. I had to tell her that if she didn't have "a smoke" for the past 40 years, I wouldn't even have to be bringing her into the ER right now.

I hear ya Callie....

and I'm a Medical Assistant and an X-ray tech in an extremely busy Urgent Care setting....it's like a mini family practice/ER unit all in one....I see it all....a whole lot.

I deal with obnoxious behavior with patients and their cell phones every darn day....grrrrrrr!!!! lol!

+ Reply to Thread