+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 238 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494144 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    It never pays to "assume" my dear. If you pass me, and I'm conversing to an empty car do NOT assume that I'm on the phone.
    Takes note *watch out for Muduh* hehe

Man...I just noticed all my typos in my previous post too.....sorry about that.

I think the next time that someone carries on a conversation with an invisible person, I may tap them on the shoulder and just insist that I want to say hello to that person. Walmart may be where I implement that plan. Ooooh, thanks you all for the ideas.

Eva, I have a new computer and the keys remind me of an old manual typewriter. I have to go back and fill in all (well most, anyway) of the letters that didn't get hit hard enough. Much more of this and I will be getting that little reject back out of its box and firing it up.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    I really cannot stand the bra straps as an accessory. It looks horrible. IMO
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

cc, I'm really with you on that one. I just hate that look. It always amazes me to see how much trouble people go to to look tacky.

What do you guys mean, bra straps as an accessory? I can't even picture it.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Well, what I'm talking about is the skimpy little top, with spaghetti straps and the contrasting bra straps showing. I assume that was cc's idea, too.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Well, what I'm talking about is the skimpy little top, with spaghetti straps and the contrasting bra straps showing. I assume that was cc's idea, too.
    You got it Muduh. It just looks tacky and the bra straps are never EVER the color they are supposed to be. They always seem to look dirty
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

I just saw a piece on tv about cellphones. It said that many restaurants are now furnishing a phone booth where people can go and talk without disturbing others. They also said that many people probably won't use them. Does anyone here doubt that I will suggest that someone go to the booth? Yep, disturb my meal and I'll be right on that suggestion.

I've always felt that if a parent had a cell phone with them for emergency purposes while they were out to eat, that it was okay to have one. As long as their tone on the cellphone doesn't get louder than their conversation with whomever they're eating with, it wouldn't bother me. But I also wouldn't expect them to be on the cellphone for a lenghty period of time either.

MRD
    my friend is ALWAYS on hers even when she has invited me out to lunch. I hate it. I just find it tacky to carry on a conversation when you have someone to talk to right in front of you and she uses it EVERYWHERE. Restaurants, shopping, everywhere. I hate it and its one of the reasons I don't have one. I refuse to be that accessible to everyone I know. If they need me, they can leave a message on my answering machine at home and I will call back.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

+ Reply to Thread