+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 238 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393143 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    Well, us especially crabby people hate looking at those too, do these people think they're on Star Trek or something ? I don't know why it peeves me so, it just does, the same way people hate on my Capri pants

Oh, and Mudah, I think that same woman was sitting next to me on the plane on my last vacation. She kept yakking, and the flight attendants kept teklling her to turn it off or we couldn't pull out to the runway, so then she bent double in the seat and kept talking. Yep, "someone" started waving her hand and ratted the lady out. They ended up actually telling her to hang it up or get off the plane! Suddenly, she understood some English.
    Sure hope she left her plants at home. She had the cart loaded with plants, besides the WIC items. The baby sort of reminded me of BOY, on Tarzan, peeping through the foliage.

On cell phones -- I still get startled whenever I see someone walking around talking to themselves out loud, only to realize they have a wireless phone earpiece and they're talking on the phone. But I wish people didn't do that -- soon we're going to assume every crazy person talking to themselves is just on the phone.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Lucy, that freaks me out at times, too. Another beef about cell phones is when someone's connection fails, and as they scamper around gyrating in weird contortions, they continue to screech into the phone, "Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello? Hello?" For some reason that annoys the hell out of me, and I want to tell them to hang up the damn phone already.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy View Post
    On cell phones -- I still get startled whenever I see someone walking around talking to themselves out loud, only to realize they have a wireless phone earpiece and they're talking on the phone. But I wish people didn't do that -- soon we're going to assume every crazy person talking to themselves is just on the phone.
    Thanks for the laugh! The first time I ever noticed that was when I was in a long line at the POST OFFICE. Now if there's one place that you'll notice odd behavior, it's there. A guy in front of me was just chatting away and laughing and of course, he was alone. I kept a close eye on him in case I felt the need to take cover.

Lucy and Muduh, you ladies are nuts! (speaking of crazy people..lol) Your posts made my day already, taht was just too funny.

I used to think many people were talking to themselves in their car alot until I realized those ear pieces, now I just assume everyone must have an earpiece somewhere. I need to be positive before I just assuming everyone has actully lost it.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    anyways, back on topic, and this might just be me, but i HATE flip flops. they are ugly, uncomfortable, and seriously, nobody wants to see your toes in public
    Who knew toes should be hidden? I didn't know they were that offensive.

I'm not a huge fan of the flat flip-flops that have absolutely no support... but that's because I think most people that wear those lose their ability to walk like normal human beings. But I must own about 30 pairs of slides, flip-flops, or other various adorable sandals and will wear them religiously from May through September. Love my brightly Opi-painted toes, demmitall!!!!

But I still can't quite get into the bra straps as a fashion accessory trend.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy
    Have you ever actually answered them because you thought they were talking to you? I did that to one guy... I responded to him twice and thought we were having the beginnings of a nice conversation until his third response really didn't have anything to do with what I had just said to him. Only then did I notice his earpiece. Now someone has to prove that they're talking to me before I'll ever answer them again. eeep.
    Last edited by Broadway; 05-31-2006 at 09:52 AM.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway View Post
    Have you ever actually answered them because you thought they were talking to you? I did that to one guy... I responded to him twice and thought we were having the beginnings of a nice conversation until his third response really didn't have anything to do with what I had just said to him. Only then did I notice his earpiece. Now someone has to prove that they're talking to me before I'll ever answer them again. eeep.
    I did that once too. How embarrassing, especially when the person looked at me like I just dropped down from the moon. Sometimes when I see them talking like that I want to ask them if they've taken their meds.

I figure, go ahead, answer them. Carry on a conversation with them since they are having one in an open forum.
    Comment on their private lives if they are dumb enough to invade my ear space with it.

Quote Originally Posted by EvaLaruefan View Post
    Lucy and Muduh, you ladies are nuts! (speaking of crazy people..lol) Your posts made my day already, taht was just too funny.

I used to think many people were talking to themselves in their car alot until I realized those ear pieces, now I just assume everyone must have an earpiece somewhere. I need to be positive before I just assuming everyone has actully lost it.
    It never pays to "assume" my dear. If you pass me, and I'm conversing to an empty car do NOT assume that I'm on the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2 View Post
    I figure, go ahead, answer them. Carry on a conversation with them since they are having one in an open forum.
    Comment on their private lives if they are dumb enough to invade my ear space with it.
    I love that idea! I also feel its an invasion of my space when these people carry on as if they are in a cow pasture and talk of things best kept to themselves. We should stand there and comment about what's being said--'oh did she really? He said what?'

+ Reply to Thread