+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 238 FirstFirst ... 32333435363738394041424344454647484950515292142 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Cell phones. Why do people feel the need to use the cell phone while walking, ordering food, driving, conducting business in an establishment, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME??
    I mean, really.
    Oh, and the gawdawful ringtones.

(I know this has been said a zillion times, but I'm currently really, really annoyed)

Let's not forget playing with it at all times, staring at it in amazement, carrying in hand and constantly taking it out of whereever you store it to check if someone's called or messaged you. Just looking at people that do that is exhausting so i dont bother anymore.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Mav, I think I've already said this, but a recent experience made me want to help a woman eat that damn cell phone.

I was in the quick check line at Walmart few week go. The woman in front of me, didn't speak, or understand English well at all. She had a baby in the cart, along with all her WIC groceries which were mostly the wrong weights, and so on. The clerk was trying to explain that she couldn't get so and so and so on and so on. She wasn't understanding much at all, but that sure didn't interfere with her cell conversation. She reached in her purse for her billfold, one handed of course and was attempting to pay for her items which weren't covered by WIC. The clerk couldn't get her to understand what the problem was but she never missed a beat on that phone. I was wishing that someone would take the phone and dial an interpreter so that we could move the thing along.
    ExactlY! That's what gets me.. I mean, what's so damn important that we ALL have to wait around, listen and cater to her convo?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee
    Let's not forget playing with it at all times, staring at it in amazement, carrying in hand and constantly taking it out of whereever you store it to check if someone's called or messaged you.
    OMG, yes! That too! The constant looking at it...playing with it...chewing the antenna, etc.. wtf!?!
    A friend came by last night & she (for the SECOND time now) left her stupid cell phone on the floor...cuz she plays with it. grrr. If she'd of just left it in the car...since she WAS there to visit me.... she'd have it today.

/I feel better.
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

My grandson said that at his graduation on Satuday the guy next to him text messaged during the entire ceremony. I just wonder who was that important and if they were possibly in the building with us.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Let's not forget playing with it at all times, staring at it in amazement, carrying in hand and constantly taking it out of whereever you store it to check if someone's called or messaged you. Just looking at people that do that is exhausting so i dont bother anymore.
    Boy, you'd probably beat me over the head if you could. I do all of that - I use my phone as my watch, and I'm OC about the time. I keep pulling my phone out of my pocket to see what time it is.

cow
    aww... whats with all the cell phone haters
    off topic, but i personally have no problems with cell phones, but seriously, stupid people shouldnt be allowed to use cell phone. i was at the grocery store and this woman's cell phone rang. she took out the cell phone and.... looked through her purse for her hand free thing, untangled it, plugged it in, and finally answered the phone while holding it.... er, what's the point of using it?

anyways, back on topic, and this might just be me, but i HATE flip flops. they are ugly, uncomfortable, and seriously, nobody wants to see your toes in public
    moooooo
    orangepie

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    Boy, you'd probably beat me over the head if you could. I do all of that - I use my phone as my watch, and I'm OC about the time. I keep pulling my phone out of my pocket to see what time it is.

Yeah, now remember, this is going to hurt you more then it'll hurt me.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Adding to the already mentioned cell-phone debate, our province is looking at making it illegal to drive with a hand-held cell-phone. That's probably a good thing because people often drive with one hand on the wheel while speeding down the freeway in bad weather weaving in and out of traffic.

However, a recent study did prove that having a conversation on a phone while driving, definitely impairs your ability to drive as your concentration shifts places in your brain. Strange but true.

I suppose if people used ear-clip cell-phones so their hands were free, you know, like, to hold their cup of coffee, then things would be much safer
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I suppose if people used ear-clip cell-phones so their hands were free, you know, like, to hold their cup of coffee, then things would be much safer
    Well, us especially crabby people hate looking at those too, do these people think they're on Star Trek or something ? I don't know why it peeves me so, it just does, the same way people hate on my Capri pants

Oh, and Mudah, I think that same woman was sitting next to me on the plane on my last vacation. She kept yakking, and the flight attendants kept teklling her to turn it off or we couldn't pull out to the runway, so then she bent double in the seat and kept talking. Yep, "someone" started waving her hand and ratted the lady out. They ended up actually telling her to hang it up or get off the plane! Suddenly, she understood some English.
    Last edited by queenb; 05-30-2006 at 10:37 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by cow View Post
    anyways, back on topic, and this might just be me, but i HATE flip flops. they are ugly, uncomfortable, and seriously, nobody wants to see your toes in public
    I disagree! People love to see my pretty toes.

Okay, probably not ... but I just really hate wearing shoes and socks in hot weather. My feet need their freedom and breathing room.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Cell phones. Why do people feel the need to use the cell phone while walking, ordering food, driving, conducting business in an establishment, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME??
    I mean, really.
    It's more than just a peeve for me. My husband had to go to physiotherapy for a year because some self-important tool who I'm sure was on a really, really urgent call rear-ended him. Also, I got an email this week from an old friend telling me that a friend's husband is in the hospital with brain damage and broken arms and ribs because yet another cell-obsessed tool hit him with his car because he was reaching down to pick up his freakin' phone from the floor of his car, while he was driving.

There is a great TV commercial from our provincial auto insurance plan - it shows a guy on a cellphone, yapping away at the top of his lungs, jogging on an indoor track, and jostling, "tailgating", and swerving around his fellow runners. The voiceover says, "you wouldn't work out this way..." - gets the message across very nicely, I thought.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread