+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 238 FirstFirst ... 31323334353637383940414243444546474849505191141 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Leggings. Ugh. If you are thin, your legs look like pencils. If you are pleasantly plump, your legs look like sausages. No.one.looks.good.in.leggings. Please make this trend be a bad dream that we will all wake up from. Soon.
    AMEN to that! My SIL who is well, to be blunt, large insists on wearing these things. I'm not saying anything.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

There's a time and a place for everything. I would rather see leggings under the ultra mini skirts than not (both are seen a lot here) and when I do yoga, capri length leggings with an oversized t-shirt are the most comfortable. Other than that - I'm with you snoopy and gabriel.
    Count your blessings!

Gutmutter, I wear your yoga outfit for riding my bicycle! As for a time and place for everything...there will never, ever again be a time or place for me to wear actual shorts outside my house! Capris are good for some things, like covering up the most scarred and beatup knees you've ever seen, so I wear them too.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

I have to admit that I am yuuugge and I wear leggings, but only under a dress or a knee length shirt or tunic. When you're as large as I am a fuller pant leg just has far too much fabric to be comfortable. But yes, leggings with a fitted waist or hip length top is flattering to almost no one.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I have to admit that I am yuuugge and I wear leggings, but only under a dress or a knee length shirt or tunic. When you're as large as I am a fuller pant leg just has far too much fabric to be comfortable. But yes, leggings with a fitted waist or hip length top is flattering to almost no one.
    And that my dear Rattus is my gripe about this fad, not the people who merely wear them under something. And now my pet peeve is BREAKING NEWS and "SEVERE" weather warnings/watches - Since when is 60% humidity a hazard? If you have respiratory problems you should stay somewhere that's best for your health, and to those of you who insist on running in this weather, LEAVE THE DOG AT HOME.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Can somebody tell me how long news is considered to be "breaking"? I've seen "breaking news" crawls for hours on the same subject. Annoying.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Boss of the Universe
    the leggings thing reminded me of something...

people wearing leggings under skirts!! it looks weird to me and i'm seeing more and more people do it

A current fad that's been around for too long??

Hollywood actors doing political talks/commercials

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion, Archery Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Cell phones. Why do people feel the need to use the cell phone while walking, ordering food, driving, conducting business in an establishment, ANYWHERE, ANYTIME??
    I mean, really.
    Oh, and the gawdawful ringtones.

(I know this has been said a zillion times, but I'm currently really, really annoyed)
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Mav, I think I've already said this, but a recent experience made me want to help a woman eat that damn cell phone.

I was in the quick check line at Walmart few week go. The woman in front of me, didn't speak, or understand English well at all. She had a baby in the cart, along with all her WIC groceries which were mostly the wrong weights, and so on. The clerk was trying to explain that she couldn't get so and so and so on and so on. She wasn't understanding much at all, but that sure didn't interfere with her cell conversation. She reached in her purse for her billfold, one handed of course and was attempting to pay for her items which weren't covered by WIC. The clerk couldn't get her to understand what the problem was but she never missed a beat on that phone. I was wishing that someone would take the phone and dial an interpreter so that we could move the thing along.

+ Reply to Thread