+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 238 FirstFirst ... 15161718192021222324252627282930313233343575125 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    This is one of the reasons I am glad I don't have a daughter. I first noticed it when McDonalds had a doll in their happy meal called a BRATZ doll. It looked to me like a miniature hooker doll. The next thing I noticed were young girls dressing like those dolls. It is difficult to teach our sons that no means no, when the signals many of the girls are sending scream YES!YES!YES!
    I hate BRATZ dolls. I refuse to let my daughter own one. My mother bought her one for Christmas a couple of years ago and the clothes were incredibally hoochie. She asks for them and the answer is always no. Even when she is paying with her own money I won't allow it.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

Did anyone mention fake boobs and collagen-injected lips?
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by Callie View Post
    Im SICK of girls wearing flip flops in the winter!!! Stop being lazy and put on some shoes!
    You must've been in my head yesterday. We had lovely weather in Minnesota (55 F) and I was tempted to break out my flip flops in celebration, but something told me not to. I just didn't feel right wearing flip flops in early March.

But, flip flops in winter aren't always a case of laziness. I hate for my feet to boxed up in shoes and socks. In the winter I never wear flip flops, but I have been known to slip on a pair of mules, or go without socks just so my feet can have a bit of freedom.

Quote Originally Posted by candor View Post
    Did anyone mention fake boobs and collagen-injected lips?
    Amen! If I were the Bachelor, I'd bring the show to a screeching halt the very first night when I'd say, "OK, everyone who has implants for any reason other than reconstruction after a mastectomy: You may leave now." That would be one lonely party.
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by starkisssed View Post
    The other thing I wish would go away are those silly plastic bracelets that come in all different colors.. I just don't get it?
    Some of those are fund raisers for good causes (e.g., the Lance Armstrong ones-yellow), but others are rip offs with no money going to the charity. And then they became just a fad.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    I am uber tall and have a hard time but I just go to men's or buy just my size tees. They fit and are not tents!!!!!!
    Ooo I have never heard of these just my size tees. I will take a looksie around for them

*end threadjack
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Am I the only one that doesn't like those tiny little shirts or sweaters that you wear with your shirt? You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones that are really short - come down just below your armpits. I really do not like them at all. I think they have a name but I can't think of it. I guess if I was teeny tiny enough to fit in them I might not be so biased against them

Yeah... I don't care for them much Archie. There's no point to them, at all.

I'm sick of the bermuda shorts. You know... the ones that go to your knees. YUCK!

giz
    Okay, all this stuff above! Bratz dolls, very hookerish. We were in a second hand store today and my 10 year old tomboy wants to know if she can get a black shirt with see-through sleeves and the torso would be see-through except it's doubled layers. So on top of Bratz dolls, I'd also say hooker clothes for preteens.

Collagen lips. They just look wierd. Really wierd. Don't like it. If you've got thin lips, get over it.

Tiny sweaters. Well, actually I managed to shrink 3 cardigans at once. Not so tiny they are under my armpits but they still look strange. Which is why I was in the dollar store. Couldn't find replacements. I'm telling myself it sets off my waist, and I may start a new trend, but it actually (in all likelihood) looks like I shrunk my sweaters.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Am I the only one that doesn't like those tiny little shirts or sweaters that you wear with your shirt? You know the ones I'm talking about, the ones that are really short - come down just below your armpits. I really do not like them at all. I think they have a name but I can't think of it. I guess if I was teeny tiny enough to fit in them I might not be so biased against them
    I think the word may be balero. At least it was years ago when we wore them. They were tacky then, too. Ours weren't so small looking, though. Some of these look very uncomfortable.

And then, if no one mentioned them, the little jackets that are buttoned but bulge out between the buttons because they are just WAY too tight. How do those people breathe?

+ Reply to Thread