+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 238 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829303132333474124 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    ...dressing MUCH too young for their age, ...
    Hah! This reminded me of a woman I used to work with, at a financial firm no less, who came to work one day wearing one of those black see-through chiffon (or something like it) t-shirt type of deal over a black satin bra. She was 55. She did have a really good figure, but come on. 55. During the day. In an office. Sheesh. She complained constantly about being sexually harassed (she wasn't being harrassed).
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

oops. I wear dresses over jeans.

In missouri its too cold to wear just a dress.

Quote Originally Posted by Shanda View Post
    In missouri its too cold to wear just a dress.
    Ummm - I cycled to work in Canada this morning wearing panty hose
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ok guys! I have to defend the dresses over jeans here. There are pretty much not any other options for us tall girls with ultra long torsos. Especially if you refuse to show belly, and don't wanna buy everything in the WalMart plus sized tent-looking department. I just wear very short dresses over my pants..
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    Sluttly looking clothes.
    Specifically, I went to a fundraiser last weekend with my honey. Most of the women were in their 30-40s. The majority were dressing MUCH too young for their age, had overtanned skin, and were wearing those tops with spaghetti straps, low - very low, necklines, hip hugger jeans. Their breasts were all out there on display and I swear most of them looked ridiculous. I was wearing a sweater (this is Michigan and it was snowing outside) and corduroy slacks. I felt like I had walked into a club for swingers by the looks of those people. Take me back to the conservative dress of years gone by.
    I am so with you on this. Especially in the kids clothes department. I have a hard time finding my daughter clothes that aren't low rise and bare midriff. Hello, she is 8 and doesn't need to be dressing like a sleaze. Let them be kids for a while.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

giz
    Yeah, I find that really odd with the kids clothes. And it makes me look like the bad guy because I won't let her dress that way. Punky, hippie, whatever bring it on. Stripper on her day off, I don't think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Someone mentioning the iPOD brought something to mind. The other day my neighbor had to be taken to the hospital under extremely serious conditions. The poor man was flopped out in the yard when the ambulance came. Two girl EMT's got out and one was wearing her iPOD. The other one had to take all information, do vital signs and all, because girl #1 was jammin. Does anyone think that maybe she could have left that thing in the ambulance? Thank God she didn't feel compelled to make a cell phone call, too.
    As a paramedic, this disgusts me!!

She could be sued by him, and he could win. That's horrible patient care. We're not even allowed to have anything like that with us when we're on duty... let alone on a call.

Im SICK of girls wearing flip flops in the winter!!! Stop being lazy and put on some shoes!

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I am uber tall and have a hard time but I just go to men's or buy just my size tees. They fit and are not tents!!!!!!
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood View Post
    Hello, she is 8 and doesn't need to be dressing like a sleaze. Let them be kids for a while.
    This is one of the reasons I am glad I don't have a daughter. I first noticed it when McDonalds had a doll in their happy meal called a BRATZ doll. It looked to me like a miniature hooker doll. The next thing I noticed were young girls dressing like those dolls. It is difficult to teach our sons that no means no, when the signals many of the girls are sending scream YES!YES!YES!

I think the fad I am most tired of is hugely oversize shirts that hang down to the knees and the oversize pants that hang down to the knees.. yep my teenage son is a victim They "almost" passed a law here in Virginia to ban those droopy baggy pants.. as a parent, I was so for it. Unfortunately, it didn't happen. I will admit to allowing my son to dress like that though, but he isn't allowed to "sag" at home, with me in public, or at my mother's house. I figure that if I completely stop him from dressing how he wants, then he will be more inclined to do it.

The other thing I wish would go away are those silly plastic bracelets that come in all different colors.. I just don't get it?

+ Reply to Thread