+ Reply to Thread
Page 233 of 238 FirstFirst ... 133183223224225226227228229230231232233234235236237238 LastLast
Results 2,321 to 2,330 of 2377

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

The Mervyn's going out of business sale is on my last nerve! The commercials are so loud and the words are so large! The prices aren't even that great, not like when Kmart went out of business.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Both hubby and I come from large families, six kids in his fam, seven in mine. 35 now in my "immediate" family; 26 in his. When my siblings were still in high school and college, we got on the "pick a name out of the hat" wagon and set a price limit. That worked well and when someone got married, that spouse's name would be thrown into the hat as well. When everyone started having kids, we all bought for the little ones. Then as the families got larger, we just bought for our Godchildren. Hubby's family never caught on to any of that and wanted presents for everyone. We put our foot down and bowed out. We now only buy for our own family and, of course, our parents. I would be having a breakdown if I had to buy for everyone in both families.

Our LinensNThings closed down sometime in September. The going out of business sale started in June, I think. I meant to check out the sales, but with the price of gas during the summer, I kept putting it off. (It's about 20miles away!) By the time I did get there, it was at the 90% off point and there were more empty shelves than anything else. I was bummed that I missed out on any bargains, but oh well, life goes on! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3252157;
    Both hubby and I come from large families, six kids in his fam, seven in mine. 35 now in my "immediate" family; 26 in his.
    Ok, this has me wondering. In this instance, what is being counted as immediate family? I've always considering immediate family to be parents and siblings, and anything else falls under "extended".

Quote Originally Posted by smartguy24;3252342;
    Ok, this has me wondering. In this instance, what is being counted as immediate family? I've always considering immediate family to be parents and siblings, and anything else falls under "extended".

I consider my immediate family in this situation to be my sibs, their spouses and their kids, etc. That's why I put immediate in quotes, to differentiate it from my real immediate family being hubby, my kids, and even my granddaughter.

Now my extended family would be all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, their spouses, kids, etc., etc. I consider my sister-in-law to be part of my "immediate" family as she is married to my brother, just as much as I consider their daughter, my niece, to be part of my "immediate" family as compared to my cousin and her husband and their kids. They would be my extended family.

Am I the only one who does this?

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3252365;
    I consider my immediate family in this situation to be my sibs, their spouses and their kids, etc. That's why I put immediate in quotes, to differentiate it from my real immediate family being hubby, my kids, and even my granddaughter.

Not at all. I've always considered my "immediate family" to be my kids, my parents, siblings and their spouses and children.
    CYA

MRD

I consider my immediate family to be my husband, daughter and myself. My parents when they were alive. Extended family is the siblings and their spouses and kids, aunts, uncles and cousins. But that could just be me.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;3252365;

Now my extended family would be all of my aunts, uncles, cousins, their spouses, kids, etc., etc. I consider my sister-in-law to be part of my "immediate" family as she is married to my brother, just as much as I consider their daughter, my niece, to be part of my "immediate" family as compared to my cousin and her husband and their kids. They would be my extended family.

I agree with your version of immediate family. That is how I view it also.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3252417;
    I consider my immediate family to be my husband, daughter and myself. My parents when they were alive. Extended family is the siblings and their spouses and kids, aunts, uncles and cousins. But that could just be me.
    oh no no, me too. And my kitty, and my best friend in England and two more scattered in this country.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

I'm probably basing this on things like Y membership, hospital issues, etc., but in those cases, they view immediate family as spouse, parent, child.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I do not "get" Webkinz. Maybe it is because we don't have children or maybe it is because I have spent hours attempting to locate these things for the kids we know who have requested them.

Child #1 wanted a penguin webkinz. I went to four places (and looked online) no penguin. I mentioned this to a friend of mine who lives 1200 miles away and has two webkinz addicted children. She managed to find a penguin and she mailed it to me. Christmas miracle!

Child #2 wanted a monkey (NOT the "cheeky" monkey). He's getting a gorilla webkinz because that was the only monkey I saw.

Then, just when I thought I was done with these animals, my nephew piped up and announced (two days ago) that HE wanted a webkinz too. He didn't have a specific demand. However, the stores are all sold out of the "cute" animals here. They only have snakes and vultures and skunks and some weird lizard looking animals left.... Nephew better like his Skunk!
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

+ Reply to Thread