+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 238 FirstFirst ... 13141516171819202122232425262728293031323373123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I hate dresses over jeans. Choose one or the other, not both. I don't mind tunics, if they really are tunics and not dresses. Just doesn't do it for me.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    If i haven't already brought this up....I'm so sick and tired of the boots over jeans look. I think one sees another and wants to do it. Originality is key, and no one can take that away from you. This along with the whole ipod thing riles me up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz View Post
    I hate dresses over jeans. Choose one or the other, not both. I don't mind tunics, if they really are tunics and not dresses. Just doesn't do it for me.

THANK YOU! I never got the dress over jeans thing either. I love jeans and I love dresses, but it doesn't work together. Pick one garment and work it! Same thing with skirts over jeans.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Do people still do this? I thought that the look was so incredibly stupid that it died almost abornin'.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Someone mentioning the iPOD brought something to mind. The other day my neighbor had to be taken to the hospital under extremely serious conditions. The poor man was flopped out in the yard when the ambulance came. Two girl EMT's got out and one was wearing her iPOD. The other one had to take all information, do vital signs and all, because girl #1 was jammin. Does anyone think that maybe she could have left that thing in the ambulance? Thank God she didn't feel compelled to make a cell phone call, too.

Short curtain rods that just hold up 'panels' and don't extend the width of the window. Can't people see how cheesy and fake this looks? The whole industry of 'faux' home fashions could be flushed as far as I'm concerned. There's nothing more welcoming then a home that's real -- and real lived in, regardless of it's 'fashion-sense.' Enough of the pretentious pretend junk.
    home at last

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Do people still do this? I thought that the look was so incredibly stupid that it died almost abornin'.
    yes, I've seen it again recently. A few girls on AI were doing this, and I've seen it other places too. I hope it dies a quick death as I think they just look stupid.

I also don't like most bare midriffs. Or maybe the way I've seen it lately (fortunately I do think this is out). It generally makes them look thick around the middle rather than show them off to advantage. Showing skin doesn't make it sexy if it makes you look fat around the belly

giz
    I also don't like most bare midriffs. Or maybe the way I've seen it lately (fortunately I do think this is out). It generally makes them look thick around the middle rather than show them off to advantage. Showing skin doesn't make it sexy if it makes you look fat around the belly
    Wow, I second that emotion! At my son's preschool, I'm really sick of seeing all the mums wearing capri yoga pants with ugly trainers (running shoes). Most of the time I suspect they are not even going to the gym. When I go to the gym I do not wear the clothes everywhere else. It just looks lazy, and not very stylish to boot.

Oh, and those long coats that are sort of waffled, and slightly shiny? Hate those, I expect to see them on my 80 year old mum, not women my age!

Rant over.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Apparently they do. I've seen it twice on American Idol and wondered what the hell they were wearing. It was like they started out in a dress and got a chill.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Sluttly looking clothes.
    Specifically, I went to a fundraiser last weekend with my honey. Most of the women were in their 30-40s. The majority were dressing MUCH too young for their age, had overtanned skin, and were wearing those tops with spaghetti straps, low - very low, necklines, hip hugger jeans. Their breasts were all out there on display and I swear most of them looked ridiculous. I was wearing a sweater (this is Michigan and it was snowing outside) and corduroy slacks. I felt like I had walked into a club for swingers by the looks of those people. Take me back to the conservative dress of years gone by.

+ Reply to Thread