+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3250372;
    I think enforced Christmas presents for co-workers should stop.
    I would completely agree. I am very thankful that I currently work for a company where there is no gift exchange at all!!! However, in the past I worked in an office where we bad to buy something small for another person in the office that we drew randomly out of a hat. If you don't know the person well, it is just torture trying to find something appropriate.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

EVERYBODY gets a Ped Egg!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by buglover;3247816;
    Uggs with shorts. Seriously........ we were at Disneyland this weekend and I cannot tell you how many girls had uggs on with shorts. I have to restrain myself from asking what the heck they are thinking!

I got some weird looks today at the store when I busted out laughing (I was by myself). A little girl was in front of me wearing Ugg boots and shorts with a sweater and a bandana. She looked to be about 8 or 9, but the whole Ugg with shorts things had me thinking of this thread and laughing!! Also had me scratching my head, as it really wasn't warm enough today to be wearing shorts.
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

The Bachelor and The Bachelorette. SeeYaWouldn'tWannaBeYa!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3250474;
    Also had me scratching my head, as it really wasn't warm enough today to be wearing shorts.
    It's also never cold enough to justify wearing uggs.

I HATE those things. Their name is appropriate considering how unaesthetically pleasing they are. They aren't boots, they're boot linings.

I've been fortunate - I've never worked anywhere that it was "mandatory" to exchange gifts with co-workers. There's always been a sign up option.

The loud commercials don't bother me as much as the stupid ads at the bottom of my screen during the show. They started out as little icons, and have gradually taken over the whole screen (it seems like). And the animated ones are even worse - extremely distracting. I've even seen some where the main ad covers the bottom of the screen with something dropping down from the top! STOP ALREADY. I'm paying for satellite tv; I don't need your commercials during my show! Thanks, I feel better now.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3250471;
    Shay, not only did they make one for men(it's black and it's bigger) they copied it and are selling a cheap imitation of it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3250471;
    I swear, every time I see one, and I see them often, I think of the FORT Koffee Klatch thread, and all of you who have extolled their virtues.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by SR5Rfan;3250498;
    I've been fortunate - I've never worked anywhere that it was "mandatory" to exchange gifts with co-workers. There's always been a sign up option.

The loud commercials don't bother me as much as the stupid ads at the bottom of my screen during the show. They started out as little icons, and have gradually taken over the whole screen (it seems like). And the animated ones are even worse - extremely distracting. I've even seen some where the main ad covers the bottom of the screen with something dropping down from the top! STOP ALREADY. I'm paying for satellite tv; I don't need your commercials during my show! Thanks, I feel better now.
    I HATE that!!!!! And it's really annoying when the TV show has subtitles or something else you can't read because the ad is covering it up. I watch a lot of documentaries and usually they will put the name of the person speaking and who they are under them, and you can't read it because those ads are covering it up. And I want to know who that is and why they are qualified to speak on whatever subject.

The little transparent logo at the bottom right was ok. Now like you said, the ads have gotten huge and animated and I HATE IT.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I hate the ads at the end of the show where they fill up the bulk of the space and squish the credits into one tiny, unreadable (even with a 40" screen, it turns out) corner. That means I have to go IMDB whatever I was watching to find out who played the killer and where have I seen him before (oh, of course, that's Peter Stormare - he's the one who fed Steve Buscemi into the woodchipper). It's not like I have...okay, I do have to the time to do this, what with having no life and all, but I don't want to have to get off the couch unless it's absolutely necessary.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

+ Reply to Thread