+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3249172;
    I am totally sick of so many women doing the poorly maintained bleached blonde hair. At least if you're going to bleach, have enough pride in yourself (and money) to keep it looking nice. :nono
    Oh gosh! You have no idea how much this irritates me. I cringe when i see those dark roots creeping up.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mr buglover is the weirdest man alive because he actually finds the roots sexy! I have no idea why he's with me then because I refuse to let my roots grow out at all no matter what color my hair is!
    Yup, with donuts!!

It's not specifically the fact that they're calling, it has more to do with the fact that they're making these calls on their cell phones in the middle of a crowd of generally unhappy commuters. I just get really, really annoyed when I've someone's ass pressed up against the side of my head and they're indulging in the world-renowned annoyance of cell phone chit chat. They are the number one reason I commute by bike in a Canadian February.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3249461;
    they're indulging in the world-renowned annoyance of cell phone chit chat.
    This is reason number one that I actively dread the day cell phone service is enabled on airplanes. There's always one of these.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3249461;
    It's not specifically the fact that they're calling, it has more to do with the fact that they're making these calls on their cell phones in the middle of a crowd of generally unhappy commuters. I just get really, really annoyed when I've someone's ass pressed up against the side of my head and they're indulging in the world-renowned annoyance of cell phone chit chat. They are the number one reason I commute by bike in a Canadian February.
    That makes sense. Cell phone chit chatters tend to be generally oblivious to the world around them and basic social graces.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3249129;
    Femme fatale, I am always hearing other peoples MP3 players, and wonder how many of those people will be able to hear much at all in 15 years! There are some people who go to my gym whose players can be heard 15 feet away, over the sound of the elliptical machine--and I can still tell what song it is. Maybe the trend in 2025will be for the latest, trendiest hearing aids. MP3 users, think about what you are doing when you use the volume control!
    Amen to that.
    I am constantly asking people at my gym to turn down the volume. They always seem surprised when I tell them how loud their player is. I definitely fear for their long term hearing. There is no way it will NOT be affected.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3249476;
    That makes sense. Cell phone chit chatters tend to be generally oblivious to the world around them and basic social graces.
    You are so right. I've heard things that definetly should not be spoken aloud in public. Most notably the elderly man in the urologist office giving great detail about his "problem" to someone on the cell phone as we both waited to see the dr.

But like Rattus, I'm an incurable people watcher and eavesdropper. I've heard some really interesting things eavesdropping in crowds. Most recently was a group of people talking about a big Halloween party they went to in Oct. and an elderly man showed up in a Nazi uniform and it turned out it was HIS old Nazi uniform. I so wanted to ask questions, but I was eavesdropping. But talk about hearing something interesting. (this area has a rather large German population and there were a lot of German immigrants here after WWII was over)

I don't make myself obvious, but if people are talking loudly, then I consider that fair game to listen in.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

wow MRD! I would have been really curious to know more about that story too.
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

People who talk on their cell phones in the fast food drive through. Put the phone down so you can give your order and pay for it! We have a friend that owns two extremely busy fast food places here and he told us that they have started having their workers go to the cars and take the orders because so many people would drive up and then when asked what they would like, the person in the car would tell them to hold on while they finished their phone call. He said, "they don't do that with a person standing right there staring at them!"
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3249234;
    I actually won't listen to headphones on mass transit or even walking around. I don't think it's safe to completely block out the sounds around you. But I put the buds in and pretend I'm listening so that people won't talk to me... *shh* Don't tell
    Yes! This exactly. Headphones are awesome for a conversational repellant.

+ Reply to Thread