+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I'm kind of over the little pouf on the top of the head. It's starting to get exaggerated and silly looking.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I call it a "boop"! Andy Griffith was wearing a severe, mean one the other night on the old Andy Griffith Show the other night.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

A "boop" *lol* I will now have to chuckle every time I see that!
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Uggs with shorts. Seriously........ we were at Disneyland this weekend and I cannot tell you how many girls had uggs on with shorts. I have to restrain myself from asking what the heck they are thinking!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Hummers. Stop the madness, people. No one needs a vehicle that large, and without fail whenever I see one (far too often in this city, even when the price of gas was spiking) there's only one frickin' person inside. They take up two parking spots, but that may be because the people who drive them don't have a clue how to park them - you should need a higher classification of driver's license to operate a vehicle that large anyway IMO. I wouldn't drive one if I got it for free.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I'm with you AJane. I cannot stand those huge vehicles. I drive a very small car and whenever they are next to me on the freeway I feel like I need to move over so they don't hit me. They also tend to drive them like they own the whole road because they are so large. I have often said anyone who drives those huge SUVs needs a special truck license to drive them. They do not handle like a car at all, I've driven a friend's SUV and if you aren't careful, you easily can crash them.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Me three on the irked by the behemobiles. I am a bike commuter (I'm not sure if I've mentioned that before ) and the route I travel is also used by a streetcar. Sometimes I keep pace with the streetcar more or less inadvertently (not my first choice), which narrows the roadway a bit. But, the Prius can get between me and the streetcar, the Accord can get through, the Taurus, the Smart Car, the Camry and the Beemer can all get through. This makes me not remotely inclined to get the hell out of the path of the seething, cell-phone chatting, behemobile driving d-bag who is just dying to run me over and be on his/her merry way.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Ok, now that the whole cellphone thing has been brought up........ I've seen more people talking on the cellphone with the phone in their hands than I used to before our law was put into motion here!!!!!!!! Most of the women, yes women unfortunately I see driving giant vehicles are talking on the phone or texting!! I cannot tell you how many times I have moved lanes away from an SUV because the little woman in the driver's seat is texting while driving the tank!!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I hate people who use their cell phones while driving. If the call is so friggin' important, pull over!!! My biggest pet peeve is when I'm at a 4-way stop and I'm waiting for the person who has the right of way to go but they're too busy yammering on their cell to notice that's it's their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by brunette trixie;3247908;
    I hate people who use their cell phones while driving. If the call is so friggin' important, pull over!!! My biggest pet peeve is when I'm at a 4-way stop and I'm waiting for the person who has the right of way to go but they're too busy yammering on their cell to notice that's it's their turn.
    Or when the lane is merging and they aren't paying attention to it and nearly run you off the road! I once pulled up to a person who did that and screamed THANK YOU! He just looked at me like I was nuts. He really had no idea he came so close to hitting me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

+ Reply to Thread