+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3244891;
    Yeah plus, on the guys, they give that "I'm going down to the club to dance with the boys" look.

That is EXACTLY what I think when I see them...just didn't know a delicate way too say it!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

Myrosiedog, you could also try mechanics hand cleaner on the jeans; my ex uses it all the time and it seems to do a pretty good job of cleaning the grease/dirt off his jeans and t-shirts. Smells icky, but it works!
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

Quote Originally Posted by Melitta;3244833;/
    I really don't like the cigarette pants on the boys or girls for that matter.
    I don't mind the skinny jeans on boys of a certain age. It's all about the skater/BMX lifestyle and for them it's practical to not have a pant that gets in the way.
    A friend of my son's recently went BMX pro and he was the very first one to bring that style back in this area about 4 years ago.
    That being said; If you're out of your teens and not into the sport, it's probably best to put them down and walk away.
    Last edited by Bunny555; 12-04-2008 at 12:28 AM.
    CYA

MRD

Thanks all for the help. Now what do I do about the rips and holes that always end up in the good jeans along with the grease. I swear I'm going to buy him jeans and lock them away for when we have to go somewhere and he needs his "dress jeans and dress flip flops"

I can remember when those "stove pipe" or "cigerette" pants were popular the last 2 times before now. It's a look some people can get away with and some can't. Of both sexes. But probably best left to the younger generation.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Actually, I found a pair of what I would call "modified skinny-leg jeans" - or more accurately, "age-appropriate skinny-leg jeans" - at Wal-Mart, of all places. They are a Levi's brand, and the legs are not tight, but they're not wide enough to be called boot-cut. The waist sits high enough so you don't flash crack when you sit, and it's also cut a little larger for those of us who no longer have a waist. They cost me all of $19.99 and they're my new favourite things. I haven't had a pair of jeans that fit me this well for years. Jeans are always too tight in the waist and too big in the legs for me.

Having said all that, I don't really care for the look on boys either. But I do think I prefer the skinny jeans to the hanging-off-the-ass variety.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

When we were at Magic Mountain last week I saw a kid with skinny jeans on. He looked like a stick and to top it off, he had his pants pulled down past his bum, wearing a belt and running while holding the pants. Ridiculous! I nearly laughed until I cried just looking at him!
    Yup, with donuts!!

MRD

2 related fads that I wish would die off:

Radio stations that switch formats to ONLY Christmas music 24/7. And they did it 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. There are 3 radio stations I listen too. 2 of them are only holiday music right now. The ONLY reason I listen to them during the rest of the year is my other fad that I wish would die off: The John Boy and Billy Big Show. I hate those guys. They are just redneck, rascist, misogynists who think their own jokes are side splittingly funny but are just stupid adolescent bathroom humor.
    I can't stand their stupid show and wish it would go away. The radio station I listen to the most plays their morning show, so that is when I would switch to the other two stations. Now I have to listen to either Christmas music or these idiots. I've tried NPR, b ut the last few mornings, NPR has just about put me to sleep. I like a lot of NPR's programming, but early morning is NOT it.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3245800;
    . . . I've tried NPR, b ut the last few mornings, NPR has just about put me to sleep. I like a lot of NPR's programming, but early morning is NOT it.
    I live for (okay, maybe not "live for," but I schedule my errand-running-in-my-car time around it) NPR's Saturday late-morning, early-afternoon programming: I heart "Car Talk," "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" (or however it's punctuated), and "A Way With Words," and "Whaddya Know" (not much, you?).
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

It isn't a fad, but it IS annoying - women who wear heels and then drag the heel when they walk. It makes an irritating noise, and makes me wonder if they are so weak that they can't even pick their feet up when they walk.
    I never met a piece of chocolate I didn't like.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Ellen;3245865;
    I live for (okay, maybe not "live for," but I schedule my errand-running-in-my-car time around it) NPR's Saturday late-morning, early-afternoon programming: I heart "Car Talk," "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me!" (or however it's punctuated), and "A Way With Words," and "Whaddya Know" (not much, you?).
    I LOVE Wait, Wait, Don't tell me.

Weekday mornings they do a book reading and play classical music, but that doesn't start until after 9 a.m., the 7-9 stuff is droning men talking. I think that may even be the name of the show.

+ Reply to Thread