+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3202945;
    I'll have to add to my list of current words, phrases and 'new' words I hate..."gi-normous"....
    I must apologize profusely for using the word ginormous in something I posted on FORT at some time . Also, I apologize for the use of yuuuuge. When I'm describing my posterior, though, those are the best adjectives I can come up with.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

I may be the only one on the planet who cannot tolerate "how is THAT???". In fact, I may have already posted about that here. It's even said by news anchors, talk show hosts, and other show hosts. UGH!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

I hate seeing 'dis' being written in the newspaper.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3202945;
    Gabriel, I know you probably have the same problem with food going on the floor--it gets little kitty noseprints and probably fur the minute it hits the floor--MRD, you mean your doggies don't catch dropped cookies before they ever hit the floor?

I'll have to add to my list of current words, phrases and 'new' words I hate..
    "Conversate", 'efforting', "gi-normous" and the like. Also "evoo", for extra virgin olive oil, annoys me.
    That annoys me too.

The doggies do catch stuff for the most part, but occasionally, I'm quicker.

I don't do moldy bread, but it won't make you sick unless you are allergic to mold. Remember that the mold that grows on bread is the mold that penicillin is made from. Well, some of it is, there are several types of bread mold. Mold won't hurt you if you eat it. Consider that you do eat cheese mold in a LOT of cheeses. Mold is introduced into the cheese in the process of making it. Cheese like brie, blue cheese, camembert, are all made with mold.

I don't eat toast or anything with butter or jam that falls face first on the floor. I do have SOME standards.
    But an Oreo or something similar? Heck yes, it's scientifically proven that if you just blow on it, the germs get blown off the cookie.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

shoes? who needs shoes?? barefootdyke's Avatar

a-freaking-men!!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3203272;
    But an Oreo or something similar? Heck yes, it's scientifically proven that if you just blow on it, the germs get blown off the cookie.
    Yes I read that study also.

Quote Originally Posted by VelvetRed;3203193;
    I may be the only one on the planet who cannot tolerate "how is THAT???". In fact, I may have already posted about that here. It's even said by news anchors, talk show hosts, and other show hosts. UGH!
    Well, apparently I used the wrong special characters so my quote wasn't correct. Try again:

I may be the only one on the planet who cannot tolerate "how [insert adjective of choice] is THAT???".

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Along the same line, I'm sick of "What's that about?" Geez....I can hear my sister saying it now, in kind of a whiny voice!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I say ginormous all the time. I say it so much that one of my friends thought I was the one who made it up.

I like ginormous, too. I also like and use pandelerium. Ha ha.

I shorten words all the time, too. Vitamin Water = "vit wat" in my world. It's catchy.

I don't like: "I know, Right?!?" or just "Right?" when someone agrees with what you are saying.

+ Reply to Thread