+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 238 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    the kids and their "riding half way down my butt" pants. I just want to catch them as they are walking down stairs and pull them down just to see them pitch face forward the rest of the way.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I think there's already a thread for this buried here somewhere...does anyone else remember "fashion You Hate"?
    this covers all "fads" not just fashion, even though my post dealt with a fashion. i too hate the low carb fad in fast food places.

90's nostalgia! Come on, it hasn't been that long...80's I can see. Let's wait a few years to reminisce about the 90's, please?
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    Fast food places bragging they are low-carb.
    And if you notice closely, the carb count probably drops all the way from 33 to 28 or so. Not really worth me eating a tofu burger instead of the real thing.

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    the kids and their "riding half way down my butt" pants. I just want to catch them as they are walking down stairs and pull them down just to see them pitch face forward the rest of the way.
    I so agree. My friend's son wears his pants below his butt. I don't know how he keeps them up.

I too am sick of the low carb kick.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

Maybe we should chug on over to namby pamby land where we can find some self confidence for you, you jackwagon!

FORT Fogey
    I am SO sick of Atkins crap. I just want to go into a low carb store (yes there actually is a low carb STORE) with a loaf of bread and some sugar and just taunt everyone in there. (I'm not malicious, really! )

Also, Uggs and trucker hats NEED to go.

And Waywyrd, it is a little early to be doing the "I Love the 90s" on VH1, but for us younguns, it's nice to remember our childhood.

The Girl With FORT-itude saltyj's Avatar
    Impossibly short skirts. I would love to see you in a gust of wind. Mwahaha.

Shirts/underwear that have stuff like, "I'm so naughty" or "Angel" or "Devil" or "Princess" written on them. Oh please.
    Viva La Vie Boheme!

FORT Fan
    Northeast Mississippi, sitting by the lake...
    Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    I agree with you on this one. My 14 year old nephew has been visiting this week. My sister and I just knew that at any moment he was going to lose his shorts in the store the other day. He had them riding so low they were almost hanging around his thighs rather than his waist. Lucky his t-shirt was long or his cool style would have gotten him arrested!
    Just take a breath and relax...everything's going to be just fine...

I'll jump on the "I love carbs" bandwagon, I'm sick of everything being advertised as low carb. Who cares? If it's good and reasonably sensible, I'll eat it. I could care less how many carbs it has. Carbs are where the flavor is

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    Hipster pants and belly tops together.
    Only the most slender of people look good in this combo and I'm tired of seeing otherwise not overweight teens with five inches of gut hanging over their waistband because they're wearing pants that are too small and an unflattering cut.
    Yes! The low-cut, bell-bottomed jeans are cruel to anyone who isn't rail thin and 6 feet tall. The rest of us just look chubby and short-legged in them.
    Other fads that need to die:
    * Jeans with bleach strips down the front
    * Women with long perms and teased-up bangs. Think that hairstyle died 10 years ago? I swear I saw it at a Minute-Mart in Ellensburg, Wash., last weekend.
    * The word "aiight."
    "If there are no dogs in heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers

+ Reply to Thread