+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 238 FirstFirst ... 9101112131415161718192021222324252627282969119 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I have a friend from Kentucky and he wears those knee high moccasin boots with the fringe. Is that the Kentucky version of the UG boot?

Acck! Does he have to tell people where he's from? No, can't say that I've ever seen that around here before, outside of pictures of Davy Crockett.

Or maybe he thinks he's headed to Court Days here in my little town, where almost everyone on the street is packing.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

SEE??? I posted in the Pet Peeves thread about people with guns walking down mainstreet. Thank goodness I'm not the ONLY one. (then again, we're both in KY, Stargazer!)

On the other hand, you're in a whole other part, because I'm sitting here in my pink UGGS, while I type this. (I have never worn them out of the house though! I can't stand "street shoes" being worn on my carpet, so I put these on the minute I come inside, if my feet are cold.)
    Always looking for cat treats!

Breathe out, so I can breathe you in...

Quote Originally Posted by suncat7 View Post
    SEE??? I posted in the Pet Peeves thread about people with guns walking down mainstreet. Thank goodness I'm not the ONLY one. (then again, we're both in KY, Stargazer!)

On the other hand, you're in a whole other part, because I'm sitting here in my pink UGGS, while I type this. (I have never worn them out of the house though! I can't stand "street shoes" being worn on my carpet, so I put these on the minute I come inside, if my feet are cold.)

Our state is probably one of the only ones where the gun thing goes on, suncat. However, maybe you've solved the UGG mystery for me. Maybe all the people here just wear them at home.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno View Post
    Ya know.. it's not exactly a NEW fad, the word "dude" has been used for a long time.

BUT, it seems nowdays that every.single.person who wants to sound "cool", no matter WHAT age, says, "dude". I absoulutely can't stand it when people use dude to address anyone. Co-workers use it constantly, both the men and women. To customers even!!
    When did this become main stream?!?!
    I only use it to address my friends, i swear.

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty

Don't worry everyone. The low-riders are on their way out! High waisted has been heard to be on the way IN. However, if you happen to have a short waist, they will ride up your ribs and be mighty uncomfortable, nevermind looking a bit weird.
    I absolutely love my Low-rise boot cut Levi's. Love 'em love 'em. I'd do without family members if it meant always having those jeans around.
    I've had nightmares about those high waist/ "mom jeans" type jeans. ick!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by stargazer
    Our state is probably one of the only ones where the gun thing goes on, suncat.
    I would freak or freeze if I saw people wandering around carrying rifles like those! I've only held a gun once, and it was a Paintball gun. And I didnt' feel comfortable with it or shooting people wearing helmets for Pete's sake. I've seen rifles being carried around by the Mexican police and at the airport in Spain, but other than security officers, like RCMP or police, it just does not happen like that in Canada.

I do imagine our hunters do carrying rifles, . But thank goodness Mr. Cheney doesn't hunt up here!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post

I absolutely love my Low-rise boot cut Levi's. Love 'em love 'em. I'd do without family members if it meant always having those jeans around.
    I've had nightmares about those high waist/ "mom jeans" type jeans. ick!

Or as I like to call them, "Jerry Seinfeld jeans". I like wearing low-rise jeans, although I do agree that some jeans are too low-cut. If you can't sit down without half your butt hanging out, it's too darn low. But yeah, extremely high-waisted jeans are horrid. Also, they make your butt look three feet tall.

Now that we're talking fashion don'ts: how about the extremely low-cut jeans/thong combo? I remember secretly mocking a couple of classmates back in high school for sporting that particularly lovely fashion faux pas, and it's been going strong ever since. Ugh.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

I think a lot of this is about buying PROPER FITTING jeans so your butt crack stays covered.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I like moderatley low cut jeans. I don't want the world to know what color/kind of underwear I have on. Ever.

My problem is this: Spandex is a privlidge not a right. If you are too big (like me) or cannot wear it properly admit it and don't. I don't want to see your camel toe. Gross.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Quote Originally Posted by JAFO'S PRINCESS View Post
    I like moderatley low cut jeans. I don't want the world to know what color/kind of underwear I have on. Ever.

My problem is this: Spandex is a privlidge not a right. If you are too big (like me) or cannot wear it properly admit it and don't. I don't want to see your camel toe. Gross.

Quite frankly I think in spite of the few guys or girls that look good in spandex, for the greater good it should be banned from the planet.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Nobody looks good in spandex. It should be illegal to wear spandex.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

+ Reply to Thread