+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Not shaving your legs is all well and good until you get hit by a car...and then everybody knows!! It's right up there with your mother telling you to always wear clean underwear just in case,.....yada, yada, yada.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

OK, call me a prude!
    While watching the Olympics, I really hate seeing the tiny outfits that leave the female athletes tugging to hide their butts after every event. I realize there's not much preventing it in Gymnastics and the gymnysts have traditionally worn those costumes, but I can't understand the shrinking attire on track and field athletes, Beach Volleyball, etc. And don't give me that it's to make them go faster--the men would be wearing the same thing if it did!
    I guess it's just that I'd rather see the women admired for their athleticism that "whoa, did you see how her butt was showing' which is all I'm hearing. (not on TV, in the real world!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3169785;
    Not shaving your legs is all well and good until you get hit by a car...and then everybody knows!! It's right up there with your mother telling you to always wear clean underwear just in case,.....yada, yada, yada.....
    Unfortunately there are far more unattractive things to horrify the doctors when they cut my clothes off after the accident. They'll just have to live with the hair legs and be glad my undies are clean. Not new, but clean.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3169788;
    OK, call me a prude!
    While watching the Olympics, I really hate seeing the tiny outfits that leave the female athletes tugging to hide their butts after every event. I realize there's not much preventing it in Gymnastics and the gymnysts have traditionally worn those costumes, but I can't understand the shrinking attire on track and field athletes, Beach Volleyball, etc. And don't give me that it's to make them go faster--the men would be wearing the same thing if it did!
    I guess it's just that I'd rather see the women admired for their athleticism that "whoa, did you see how her butt was showing' which is all I'm hearing. (not on TV, in the real world!)
    I agree with you. I noticed the fullness of the attire that the guys playing beach volleyball (or whatever you call it) and the ridiculous skimpiness of the women's attire. I see nothing attractive in what the women wear.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

What confuses me about the women gymnasts' outfits is why they have long sleeves and no legs to them. Are the long sleeves supposed to keep them warm while their legs are exposed?

Bluetooth really gets on my nerves. Go Away!

I agree queenb. I think there is a choice of four outfits for the women in tracks (at least the Swedish national attire) all of which are tight-fitting. There's not even an option for a loose tank, I know Carolina Klüft (former hepathlon, now long jump) said she wanted one for some of the events as she was there to compete, not show off her body.

Many high jumpers have the smallest siut and I remember once in a World (or European) championship when they filmed straight at the matras which also was a shot right between the legs. They didn't film this way for the men, who also had longer shorts on. It was just so obvious.

Brunette_trixie, doesnt the men have long legs and no sleeves? So I'm guessing there's no point to it at all.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3169785;
    If I was in an accident, my underwear would no longer be clean.

I say that men's beach volleyball should be played in little Speedos. It's only fair, because the women are in bikinis. I've been complaining about having to watch the women beach volleyball players tug their uniforms out of their butt after each play. That's got to be distracting to the players.

I did notice that in some of the women's running, some of the atheletes were wearing a tight, bike short thing and not the bikini bottom thing. I hate that. Why? What's the point? Like Queenb said if it made them go faster ,the men would be wearing it too.

Maybe we are reverting back to the original ancient Olympics were they competed naked!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3170200;
    Maybe we are reverting back to the original ancient Olympics were they competed naked!
    That should improve the ratings!

Thanks, I forgot I knew how to chortle! The idea of beach volleyball in more-coveraged-attire,..didn't they choose that because when they play it's really hot and sunny (usually) outside? And some of the outfits are tight and skimpy enough that it already seems like they're not wearing anything anyway!

+ Reply to Thread