+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

MRD

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I also think Butterfly Kisses should be outlawed at weddings as well and The Dance at funerals. They are so cliched now.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3164488;
    Fortunately I do not attend weddings, but I cannot understand the attraction to the chicken dance for all these people.

I'm with you, gabriel. I don't go to weddings anymore, either. I find them to be just a lot of crap and a hideous waste of money; for the most part, they are a joke. I will send you a gift.

But, I've even been to dances where "The Chicken Dance", inevitably shows up! I think it was brought about for people who, otherwise, can't dance but do want to get up on the floor at least once (no offense intended, mrd and others who do it). Geez, you may as well dance the Polka. The Electric Slide makes some people actually feel like they have some coordination and dance skills....but I've also seen the 'bull in the china shop' version by one of my co-workers!!

I've never heard of Butterfly Kisses or The Dance for funerals?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Well, if you capture it, you can always just put the video online...
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

FORT Regular

Wearing Uggs during the summer, dumbest fad ever.

Oh yeah, i've totally seen that. i've also seen rain boots being used. Wont your feet sweat and smell? Ick!
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3164627;
    I'm with you, gabriel. I don't go to weddings anymore, either. I find them to be just a lot of crap and a hideous waste of money; for the most part, they are a joke. I will send you a gift.

But, I've even been to dances where "The Chicken Dance", inevitably shows up! I think it was brought about for people who, otherwise, can't dance but do want to get up on the floor at least once (no offense intended, mrd and others who do it). Geez, you may as well dance the Polka. The Electric Slide makes some people actually feel like they have some coordination and dance skills....but I've also seen the 'bull in the china shop' version by one of my co-workers!!

I've never heard of Butterfly Kisses or The Dance for funerals?
    Butterfly Kisses at weddings has become the cliched Father of the bride and bride dance song. And I've been to several funerals where The Dance was played. But never heard Butterfly kisses at a funeral.

I love going to weddings. I always have so much fun (outside of the Chicken Dance and YMCA that is. )
    I love to celebrate with the happy couple and I think it honors them to attend. I'm just a sappy romantic that thinks a wedding is the ultimate symbol of love. And yes, a lot are over the top, but I still enjoy them.

Here's a fad that I find interesting: listing odd facts about the deceased in an obituary. I've seen things in there that I hope to GOD no one puts in mine. I may even write my own for the future and threaten to haunt anyone that changes it.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I sometimes cringe at what I read - sometimes it's too much information for me.

I'm happy to say that my son and daughter didn't choose the chicken dance, but did have the YMCA. The friends of mine from elementary school really enjoyed ourselves on that one. The sad thing is I never learned it, and they laughed at me while I was trying to spell with my arms. I ended up using sign language, and not the correct way.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always seen YMCA done at the roller rink.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I'll never forget when my mom and I found an obituary about a woman and all it said about her was that she liked to clean and do laundry. I'll bet that's not what she would have written about herself!!
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3164627;
    Geez, you may as well dance the Polka.
    Now a Polka is something else. Let me state that I cannot dance so I never have, but my Uncle Gene EU gene who is 80 and Polish can dance a POLKA around all of us..

+ Reply to Thread