+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by barefootdyke;3163896;
    yummy!!! i LOVE LOVE LOVE syrup on my bacon! unfortunately, bacon doesn't agree with me so i don't eat it often. had my gall bladder out 20+ years ago and i have to be careful about how much fat i eat these days.
    oh oh ooh now I have to start the bacon to go with my pancakes for dinner

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3163530;
    Here's a trend that needs to die: disgusting, over the top foods. Deep fried twinkies and snickers bars are bad enough, but....chocolate covered bacon? Does it come with a side of Lipitor?

New Snack Option: Chocolate-Covered Bacon | wltx.com
    Ick
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

It's one thing for me to use bacon to swab the plate of that wonderful syrup but chocolate covered bacon with sea salt???

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty;3163173;
    Blouses with bows are back. I remember wearing those. I don't want to wear them again.
    Bows of any kind should only be worn by little girls under the age of 8.

I kind of like the ballet flats. I wore them when they were a fad years ago and I like the look when it's done right. I also like flats as they are more comfortable. My daughter has some and they look fabulous on her, but everything she wears looks great. Kid has a great sense of style.

I'd try the chocolate covered bacon. Just once. I'm with Prhoshay that if you only indulge in something like that or fried twinkies once a year at the state fair, what's the harm? Now, if you're eating deep fried snickers with a side of chocolate covered bacon every night, then I see a big problem. Everything in moderation.

Being an accidental food historian, I am very interested in the evolution of foods like this anyway. So I'd probably try it and call it research!
    Last edited by MRD; 08-12-2008 at 08:36 PM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3164001;
    . . . I kind of like the ballet flats. I wore them when they were a fad years ago and I like the look when it's done right. I also like flats as they are more comfortable. . .
    I like them, too. The cheap ones gave me blisters, but I found some really well-made, comfortable (and pretty!) ballet flats from Lands End. (I have weird feet, and I walk A LOT for work. I also have some knee "issues," so flats for me are de rigeur! I don't have a lot of money to spend on good, expensive shoes, so I'm glad I discovered Lands End. Its shoes and sandals are moderately priced, well-made, and comfortable for lots and lots of walking. And they fit my weird, hard-to-fit, high instep with narrow heel feet!)
    I'd try the chocolate covered bacon. Just once.
    I saw chocolate-covered bacon with peanuts on the new Dinner: Impossible with hottie Michael Symon. The idea kind of grossed me out, but everyone was raving about it. I'd have to try it before passing judgment, but I'm guessing I'd like the combo of sweet and salty, but not like the mouthfeel of the bacon fat. I'd probably like it with lean turkey bacon or "fake-on" (the Morningstar Farms vegetarian "bacon").
    "There's no crying in baseball!"
    -- Tom Hanks, A League of Their Own

Bows of any kind should only be worn by little girls under the age of 8.
    Funny, but I always thought of those blouses with bow necks as being old lady clothing. I remember when they were popular back in the late seventies, early eighties amongst the young business woman on the go (along with the nip waisted or peplumed jacket) and they always reminded me of the well-dressed (by their standards, not mine) women of my grandmother's age.

Ruffles, on the other hand, I have developed a huge love for lately. I have been buying variations on poet's blouses from the big gal catalogues and have been getting compliments like you wouldn't believe. And I feel a great deal less like a lady lumberjack (I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day...) then I usually do.

And speaking of big gal catalogues, for those who are interested in the Spanx, I got a Coldwater Creek catalogue today and it had the Spanx for $30 or $36, depending on length. They are also available at their on-line site.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

"The Chicken Dance" at weddings, etc.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3164340;
    Fortunately I do not attend weddings, but I cannot understand the attraction to the chicken dance for all these people.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;3164291;
    Funny, but I always thought of those blouses with bow necks as being old lady clothing. I remember when they were popular back in the late seventies, early eighties amongst the young business woman on the go (along with the nip waisted or peplumed jacket) and they always reminded me of the well-dressed (by their standards, not mine) women of my grandmother's age.

Ruffles, on the other hand, I have developed a huge love for lately. I have been buying variations on poet's blouses from the big gal catalogues and have been getting compliments like you wouldn't believe. And I feel a great deal less like a lady lumberjack (I'm a lumberjack, and I'm okay, I sleep all night and I work all day...) then I usually do.

And speaking of big gal catalogues, for those who are interested in the Spanx, I got a Coldwater Creek catalogue today and it had the Spanx for $30 or $36, depending on length. They are also available at their on-line site.
    My husband has sung this song to me for years, so I had to just laugh when I read that.

I like ruffles too. I tried on a "poet" blouse the other day. B ut it was 100% cotton and I didn't relish the prospect of ironing ruffles. (I don't relish ironing at ALL).

Thanks for the Spanx info. I will check out "The Creek".

Phroshay, I don't get the Chicken dance, the Electric Slide, the Marcarena, YMCA and all those dances people do at weddings. But I guess it gets people up on the dance floor and those that do it have fun.
    I unfortunately can only do the chicken dance. I am not coordinated enough for the other ones. I routinely hit myself in the head trying to do YMCA, so I don't try anymore.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3164340;
    I specifically told my DJ not to play this stupid song, but low and behold he did not listen to me. So, I have pictures of people doing this stupid dance that I did NOT want done at my wedding. (and yes, the DJ got an ear full from me)
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread