+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 238 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223242526272868118 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    That's hilarious! I used to say that all the time too until my 4yo repeated it. Others we don't say anymore are butt, stupid, and shut up. They're not necessarily bad words but I don't like the way they sound coming out of her mouth! When I do slip, she immediately points out that I said a bad word!

Butt Stupid and Shut up were banned here as well for the same reason and they are also banned at a number of our friends houses as well.

Here's another Fad I wish would go away, excuse me, but it will take me a min. to get to the point.

I just stopped at the grocery. Had to park in BFE and so was walking in behind a rather large girl (I am rather large myself, so am not picking on the fat girl. Well maybe I am. I dunno) who was wearing low rider jeans. The entire walk to the store I could see at LEAST 3 inches of butt crack! Just because they make it in your size, does not mean you HAVE to wear it.
    And let me tell you that at my size there is NO WAY I would fit this size 3X butt into lowrider jeans with a shirt that showed 3 inches of crack.

So I'd love to see lowriders in large sizes go away.

I was so traumatized by the incident that I had to immediately gratify myself in the sushi section of the grocery! I needed the comfort of tempura shrimp rolls to get me over my exposure to crack!

This also happened last month at an Aerosmith concert as the girl in front of my husband shook her rather large lowrider jeans in his face the ENTIRE concert. I thanked her afterwards for giving my husband a 2 hour lap dance. However, he was not nearly as amused as he can see my fat butt shaking anytime and hers was definetly not smaller than mine and he didn't want to see one that entirely blocked out Steven Tyler. As he later said: I paid $85 for my ticket to see butt crack.

Anyway, I guess that is the fad I am over: butt crack. I would dearly love to carry a caulk gun and start sealing it up!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar
    Extreme lowriding pants in any size, for any gender, need to go away. I don't care if you're 300lbs or 100lbs, I don't want to see it.

The current fad (lowriding pants just seem soooo non-current that they should be over, though I know they're not) that I want to see go away is this increase in gold & silver purses and shoes. First, cows don't come in gold and silver so leather in those colors just looks wrong and goofy. Second, the trend reminds me of hookers from movies from the 70's. Of course, that could be the look people are going for....

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    Extreme lowriding pants in any size, for any gender, need to go away. I don't care if you're 300lbs or 100lbs, I don't want to see it.

The current fad (lowriding pants just seem soooo non-current that they should be over, though I know they're not) that I want to see go away is this increase in gold & silver purses and shoes. First, cows don't come in gold and silver so leather in those colors just looks wrong and goofy. Second, the trend reminds me of hookers from movies from the 70's. Of course, that could be the look people are going for....

OMG, come to Florida. Every female retiree owns a gold purse, hat and shoes. No lie. There is no escaping from it. And if they aren't wearing the gold, then they are in red hats and purple dresses.

that's another fad I am sick of. When I turn 50, I'm starting the Pink Flamingo, Green Margarita Society. To heck with red hats and purple dresses!

It's like a huge convention of it here and this one store sells NOTHING but red hat stuff. ARGH!

Again I'm going to mention...Uggs. A lot of people wear them up here, and I can understand why...being that it is winter in the Northeast. BUT, when I visited my old school over Xmas break, I saw junior high girls wearing Uggs and skirts and tanktops and scarves! I was wearing a tshirt. It wasn't cold!!!!

...to get me over my exposure to crack!
    Don't worry everyone. The low-riders are on their way out! High waisted has been heard to be on the way IN. However, if you happen to have a short waist, they will ride up your ribs and be mighty uncomfortable, nevermind looking a bit weird.

I'm with all of you! I wish they would have a good SELECTION of styles in stores nowadays. My sister works at the Fantasyland Hotel in West Edmonton Mall. Literally hundreds of stores, and even SHE couldn't find a plain black skirt or simple blouse for the office.

We don't have a lot of Ugg boots up here, but the only thing I would think they would be good for is warmth, when it's freezing cold out.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Fort Member
    The ugg boot thing is annoying
    Ugg boots were always just for winter with jeans and only ever to do the shopping or just walking around the place or at home, most Australians owned a pair but would never be caught dead wearing them out of the house, unless they were a bogan and even they wouldn't wear them in summer (then they switch to moccasins)
    Then some bright spark decided to colour them
    Now they are worn by girls with short skirts and tank tops in any season
    Not just around the streets but to night clubs
    Just because they are pink does not mean they are a glamorous fashion statement, they still look stupid
    Their feet must be so sweaty and yuck especially those who also insist on wearing some brightly coloured tights with them.
    Uggggg

Y'all should live in Kentucky. No one wears Uggs around here. There are some advantages to living in a less-than-trendy state, I suppose. They are embracing the boho peasant thing wholeheartedly, though.

Low-waist jeans are supposed to be a thing of the past. I saw an article not long ago that said that mid-waist jeans are the new deal. Thank god.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Stargazer View Post
    Y'all should live in Kentucky. No one wears Uggs around here. There are some advantages to living in a less-than-trendy state, I suppose. They are embracing the boho peasant thing wholeheartedly, though.

Low-waist jeans are supposed to be a thing of the past. I saw an article not long ago that said that mid-waist jeans are the new deal. Thank god.
    I have a friend from Kentucky and he wears those knee high moccasin boots with the fringe. Is that the Kentucky version of the UG boot?
    We're in Florida, near the beach, he looks ridiculous. Not to say that Florida doesn't have its share of country boys and rednecks, heck Larry the Cable Guy is from Florida and even Jeff Foxworthy worked for IBM here fixing copiers before he got his big break, but it's just weird to see our in these Daniel Boone boots when the rest of us are in flip flops. Oh and he wears a big knife strapped to his leg. I want to ask him, so are you going to butcher your own meat at Publix when you get to the meat counter or what?
    I mean, we live in the burbs, near the coast. There is NO place even remotely country or hunting or anything like that near us.

Well if you all are tired of Ugg boots, I'm tired of flip flops. I mean, I wear them, so does everyone here, but there are places that flip flops are not appropriate: church, weddings, funerals and even the White House (remember the big flap about it last year?) There is a time and place for everything and Solemn occasions require more substantial footwear. Flip flops are for around the house, yard, beach and quick trips to the store.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoneGrrrl View Post
    What I hate is the kids who wear their pants 3 sizes too big with a belt that is tightened to hold those pants up below their ass. WTH is the point? It just looks stupid to me! My husband says it makes his job easier because they can't run as fast with their pants falling down.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I wish the terms "whatever" , "you know what I'm sayin'", would shrivel up and go away.
    I tend to say "whatever" when I'm being a bitch, only it comes out more like "what-EVER".
    Last edited by Marleybone; 02-17-2006 at 12:05 AM.

+ Reply to Thread