+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 238 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122232425262767117 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I wish the terms "whatever" , "you know what I'm sayin'", would shrivel up and go away.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel View Post
    I wish the terms "whatever" , "you know what I'm sayin'", would shrivel up and go away.
    I hate it when people say "whatever" in the middle of a fight or a discussion, like it doesn't matter what else to say because they just won't hear it. My boyfriend says it sometimes when we disagree and I get so furious with him. He's trying to stop now though since he knows that I don't like it. Plus we don't have many disagreements to begin with

Well I admit I'm guilty of saying "whatever" but usually it's only to my husband and I don't say it all the time, I only bring it out for special occasions

Here's your sign JAFO'S PRINCESS's Avatar
    I hate the fact that the entire planet has become slaves to fashion. We wore Ugs cause someone decided they were cool. I think all fads need to die.
    I might as well work. I'm in a bad mood anyway.
    "I like to base my help on how happy you expect to be." Dogbert's tech support.

Ya know.. it's not exactly a NEW fad, the word "dude" has been used for a long time.

BUT, it seems nowdays that every.single.person who wants to sound "cool", no matter WHAT age, says, "dude". I absoulutely can't stand it when people use dude to address anyone. Co-workers use it constantly, both the men and women. To customers even!!
    When did this become main stream?!?!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

I say "dude" a lot. I never would have said it to a customer (), but I say it to guys and girls. I know it makes me sound like a stoner or something, but its such a habit now that its hard to shake. I am better about it then I used to be. Hearing every word you say get parroted back to you from a four-year-old points out every annoying speech habit you have. I've learned to stop doing a lot of stuff after I started having to hear it from her.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

MRD
    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    Oh, I truly hate this term. It just rings of "yeah, I screwed up but I really don't care" to me.

EXXXACCCTTTLLYY!

My Bad
    Whatever
    Dude
    Nice

Should be stricken from the language. Way over used. Of course, we haven't even touched on the unmentionables that are used so much they have become common. My grandmothers would faint if they were alive today to hear people so casually using the F word.

Not that I don't use it, but I don't use it in public or much in private except when I managed to spill marinara sauce up the wall, down the door, all over the carpet the trashcan and everywhere else you can think of. The #%$$# stuff went EVERYWHERE and there wasn't that much to begin with. I think it doubled in volume while in the air.

Stargazer, its funny how your kids clean up your language. I was giving my then 3 year old a bath and we had been doing animal sounds. You know, what does a doggie say, etc. I ran out and she kept saying more, mommy.
    So I said: "what does Mommy say?"
    Her reply: "crap! crap! crap!"

I got rid of that word in my vocabulary real quick.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Frikkin or fricking

People - we know you would rather be saying the F--- word, but for whatever reason, you think this is better. In the world of me - neither word is acceptable. Kids say it and it bugs the crap out of me. Clean up that language!

And another thing - this co-worker of mine has recently "Found Jesus". Now, she says "Oh my gol!" in place of "Oh my God or gosh".
    Stoppit!! We get that you got God, but you sound dumb!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog View Post
    I was giving my then 3 year old a bath and we had been doing animal sounds. You know, what does a doggie say, etc. I ran out and she kept saying more, mommy.
    So I said: "what does Mommy say?"
    Her reply: "crap! crap! crap!"

I got rid of that word in my vocabulary real quick.
    That's hilarious! I used to say that all the time too until my 4yo repeated it. Others we don't say anymore are butt, stupid, and shut up. They're not necessarily bad words but I don't like the way they sound coming out of her mouth! When I do slip, she immediately points out that I said a bad word!

My husband learned to clean up his vocabulary when he shouted the "F" word after the Stars lost a playoff game. My daughter who was 2 at the time shouted it at the TV right after him. I don't think he's said it since!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Ana Bannana View Post
    And another thing - this co-worker of mine has recently "Found Jesus". Now, she says "Oh my gol!" in place of "Oh my God or gosh".
    RE: Saying Oh my gol! Didn't Jessica Simpson say that or something similar on Newlyweds? She sounded pretty stupid too!

+ Reply to Thread