+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

MRD

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3068604;
    I beg your pardon! I made bodysuits look good!!! I also learned to pull my bodysuit to the side when I had to "take care of business! Mine were always a nice, stretchy leotard, since I was heavily off into aerobics at that time and, even then, you needed to buy them about 2 sizes larger than you might have, ordinarily, for the stretch factor. Good grief, you all are bringing back memories!! Now, with jumpsuits, there was no were no shortcuts to taking care of business. I only wore one of those a couple of times, and that was enough for me.
    I was never able to accomplish the pulling it to the side and the ones that came with a way to unhook the crotch so you could go to the bathroom were impossible to rehook when you were finished. Too much bother in my opinion. Which is why I don't bother with a lot of fashion like panty hose and accessories. Too damn much to have to deal with. I like it simple. Pants, shirt, bra and panties, earrings and a touch of lipstick.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I have made it 3 years since I have worn pantihose. I am a major fan of the trouser sock or the decorative anklet. My mother was upset that I didn't wear hose for the wedding. I said, "Mom, it's 85 degrees, sunny, with nothing but a little breeze. I am not going to suffer!" I can't believe it, but she came over to my side and didn't wear hose either!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

You know, it wasn't back then...or it didn't seem so...but hindsight is 20-20. I remember the snaps, and they were definitely too much hassle. And who wants to piddle around with things "down there" if you don't have to, when you're out, thinking you're cute?? The leotard did make it easier, though. Say if I wore a medium size, I'd buy an XL, and it was all good, and quick. Just a trick I learned from some really skinny witches!
    Last edited by prhoshay; 06-20-2008 at 10:34 AM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3068604;
    I beg your pardon! I made bodysuits look good!!! I also learned to pull my bodysuit to the side when I had to "take care of business! Mine were always a nice, stretchy leotard, since I was heavily off into aerobics at that time and, even then, you needed to buy them about 2 sizes larger than you might have, ordinarily, for the stretch factor. Good grief, you all are bringing back memories!! Now, with jumpsuits, there was no were no shortcuts to taking care of business. I only wore one of those a couple of times, and that was enough for me.
    I actually loved one-piece pantsuits because I was petite and they made me "look" taller, I thought. And I wore bodysuits, even lacey underwear bodysuits for years! But I was about 100 lbs back then. I remember feeling so bad when I finally threw them out after I had gained a lot of weight. They were comfortable only if the line of snaps at the bottom were in the right place. Otherwise, not so comfy. And it definitely took a bit of planning to go to the washroom in a pantsuit.

Yeah, funny memories for sure!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Gladiator sandals, yuck. I'm already over them.

It was me. I let the dogs out.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3074228;

Someone get my chariot!

There really is nothing new in this world is there? I remember those from years ago. They were uncomfortable (yes, I had a pair and I don't know why now. )

I. Am. Spartacus!!

I've seen some that go to your knees, they're hideous. Don't get me started on the bedazzled/jeweled versions.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Wait a second.... I knew someone that had a pair of the REAL thing that went up her calves to just below the knee
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3074228;

The ones you posted actually look better and i'd probably try them on. Buy them? another story.

I posted about this exact thing 2 yrs ago right here.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by gabriel;3074246;
    Wait a second.... I knew someone that had a pair of the REAL thing that went up her calves to just below the knee
    I always KNEW you were younger than Newf who claims to have had a pet dinosaur in his cave.

Wayward, your Spartacus line had me

+ Reply to Thread