+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I could pretty much list a ton of these L.A.isms
    Ill give you one i recognize as a NY resident. I know you don't live in NY and might just be from LA when i see you wearing Ugg Boots with a mini in this weather. uh huh.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;3057502;
    I will always take the five minutes to shuck my sweat-pants-and-old-t-shirt sleepwear in favor of my jeans-and-flannel-shirt daywear when I leave the house, unless it is to accompany Gustav on a late-night potty break.
    I wear horrible old t-shirts and sweat-pants around the house. I don't go out in public dressed like that. ONE time I went to the grocery store wearing sweats and I was horrified because I ran into a neighbor at the store.
    Click here to automatically donate FREE kibble to homeless dogs and cats in shelters.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I live in sweats and loungewear type clothes. I wear them everywhere. After having to be dressed up all day for work, I'm all about the comfort. I'd wear sweatpants to the grocery store, gas station, etc and think absolutely nothing of it.
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

I abhore the term Baby Daddy too. UGH! Just like I abhore the term "My bad". The phrase is "I'm sorry, or I apologize". I just think saying "My bad" makes you sound illiterate. It's especially bad if it's an otherwise intelligent adult saying it. I don't like to hear kids say it, but someone my age saying it really ticks me off.

I also don't like baby bump either.

I hate sweatpants because of the elastic around the ankles. It bothers me. But I will occasionally wear the 1 of 2 pair I own to the store. I don't care what I look like in the grocery store, I'm not there to win a beauty pagent no matter who I run into.

And my neighbors probably think I never dress in anything but PJ pants because if I'm home, that is what I have on and that is what they see me in when I take the dogs out, no matter what time of day. They're comfortable and they keep me warm (while I love AC, my legs get cold)
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

The moment I get home I shed my work clothes and put on some yoga pants and a tank top. I don't normally go out in public like that but I have been known to run to the store for something quick wearing them.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2141863;
    I remember in the 80's taking my jeans and "pegging" them. You made a pleatlike fold at the ankle and then rolled up the bottom to make the fold stay in place so they were tight as anything around the bottom part of your leg. Anyone else do this?

I know the above quote was posted a long time ago, but the kids at my step son's high school do this now. I laugh everytime I see it and keep teasing my step son that he is wearing a fashion that we made popular back before he was even born!
    Play by the rules, you will miss all the fun!
    Toby Keith, Jacky Don Tucker

I don't know if this has been posted, but bodysuits are back. Worn with high waisted jeans. For young skinny females only.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

UGH, Misskitty those things were horrible in the early 70's and I have no reason to think they would be any more comfy now. I won't be finding out, either.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3068540;
    UGH, Misskitty those things were horrible in the early 70's and I have no reason to think they would be any more comfy now. I won't be finding out, either.
    Not to mention it makes it hard to go to the bathroom.

I guess I'm more of a practical person who sees both jumpsuits and bodysuits as a severe impediment to bodily functions. I need ease in my clothing and the ability to get to the bathroom quickly.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I beg your pardon! I made bodysuits look good!!! I also learned to pull my bodysuit to the side when I had to "take care of business! Mine were always a nice, stretchy leotard, since I was heavily off into aerobics at that time and, even then, you needed to buy them about 2 sizes larger than you might have, ordinarily, for the stretch factor. Good grief, you all are bringing back memories!! Now, with jumpsuits, there was no were no shortcuts to taking care of business. I only wore one of those a couple of times, and that was enough for me.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread