+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Oh WHEW! I'm safe *lol*
    ~There is no way to Happiness. Happiness is the way.~

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Safe from what?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;3054353;
    Safe from what?
    I believe she was referring to this previous post.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetNerd;3053697;
    Could anyone post a photo of said vests? I have a vest that I though was very classy... and now I'm afraid it might be some awful throwback I wasn't aware of!! :

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;3052335;
    Wearing your Pjs outside of the home and into stores. Also, tucking jeans into boots.
    Sometimes I wear my PJs to the grocery store at ungodly hours of the night when I'm tired and need to get something really quick. When you're in college, it happens a lot. Also, I know a lot of girls who just would have to roll out of bed and run to class in their PJs because they were running that late. It happens a lot on my campus, but I don't really think it's a fad around here.
    And this life sentence that Iím serving
    I admit that Iím every bit deserving -
    But the beauty of grace is that it makes life not fair

- Relient K

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RubyPhoenix;3054621;
    Sometimes I wear my PJs to the grocery store at ungodly hours of the night when I'm tired and need to get something really quick. When you're in college, it happens a lot. Also, I know a lot of girls who just would have to roll out of bed and run to class in their PJs because they were running that late. It happens a lot on my campus, but I don't really think it's a fad around here.
    Yep, I've definitely done it and thought nothing of it. When it's 2am and some drunk jerk dumps beer in your fish tank and you have to run to Walmart for some bottles of water, I have no issue wearing my PJs.

Freshman year in college, I also wore my PJs sometimes to my 8am class because I wouldn't get up until almost 7:45.

I don't wake up and think, "Oh, I think I'll wear my PJs to the store today!", but it happens.
    Wake up and be awesome

MRD

The vests I was talking about, didn't open in the front, you had to pull them over your head. They were knitted using the granny square like in afgans, but only bigger and then with straps. I couldn't find a photo, but here is a bad drawing.

Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Oh, yikes! I remember them. I remember wearing them. Looking back, that has to be one of life's most embarassing moments!

If you want to see photos of these lovely things, go to hippieclothes.com and click on "vests"
    There are some truly godawful other clothes on there too--I though there might be some cool ones, but I was wrong.

Trend I'm over--Sarah Jessica Parker's horse face on every magazine and advertisement.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;3056798;
    If you want to see photos of these lovely things, go to hippieclothes.com and click on "vests"
    There are some truly godawful other clothes on there too--I though there might be some cool ones, but I was wrong.

Trend I'm over--Sarah Jessica Parker's horse face on every magazine and advertisement.
    I agree. I've never cared for her anyway. Several of my friends were all going to see the new Sex and the City movie and invited me and I declined because I've never seen the show. They couldn't believe I not only wasn't excited to go to the movie but had never seen the show. We didn't have HBO until the last season of the show.

OMG, they do have not only the hidious granny square vest, but the multicolored poncho. I shudder in horror now, but I thought those were the COOLEST way back "in the day".
    Last edited by MRD; 06-14-2008 at 11:03 AM.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;3056885;
    I agree. I've never cared for her anyway. Several of my friends were all going to see the new Sex and the City movie and invited me and I declined because I've never seen the show. They couldn't believe I not only wasn't excited to go to the movie but had never seen the show. We didn't have HBO until the last season of the show.

OMG, they do have not only the hidious granny square vest, but the multicolored poncho. I shudder in horror now, but I thought those were the COOLEST way back "in the day".
    Quite frankly I think I saw two episodes because my mom was saying about how good the show was and I didn't see it myself.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread