+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 238 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516171819202122232464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I'm definitely a big purse gal. Anyone that's seen me at the FORTcons or otherwise knows I don't carry cute dainty purses. I need something big enough for all my crap. I have a four-year-old, too, so I need to carry about everything from baby wipes, to a change of clothes (a mishap when she was only a few months old taught me to always at least carry extra pants. ), to toys to entertain her when we're out. I can't bring myself to buy expensive purses either, which is sort of weird for me. I have expensive taste in lots of other areas, but I hate to spend it on purses. I just buy one in tan and one in black from Walmart every year.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    "Current Fads" you wish would die off today...

Gangsta' Rap and bling-bling and the young punks that idolize these guys and emulate the angry ghetto moves and lingo from their "role models", with the girls following suit emulating the skanky bee-atches in the videos. It's all BAD! And by that I DON'T mean good.
    I'm with you on this. Nothing irritates me more than the "hoochie mama" clothes the girls wear these days. My main problem is that it makes it difficult to find decent clothes for my daughter to wear. She is only 8 and I refuse to let her dress like that.

I love purses too. Like Star, I can't bring myself to spend lots of money on one, though. Gotta be big, though. (althought I didn't carry it at FORTcon. Easier to put the money and cards in the pocket that way I didn't lose it.)

The fact that fur appears to be coming back in style, and the celebrities who make a point out of wearing it. Yes, I'm looking at you, Jennifer "I just had fifty chinchillas killed just so I could look fifteen pounds heavier" Lopez. It just infuriates me how cruelty to animals can become a fashion statement.
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by getreal View Post
    "Current Fads" you wish would die off today...

Gangsta' Rap and bling-bling and the young punks that idolize these guys and emulate the angry ghetto moves and lingo from their "role models", with the girls following suit emulating the skanky bee-atches in the videos. It's all BAD! And by that I DON'T mean good.
    But it would be a lot better, and not bug me nearly so much, if the fad of the loud, booming bass that you can hear for miles would go away. It really pisses me off when I'm trying to watch TV(and i keep my TV volume kinda loud!) and I can still hear one one of the idiot neighbor kids' car stereo; they sit out in front of their houses listening to that junk. I can even hear the one that's 300 yards away, over a hill!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    The fact that fur appears to be coming back in style, and the celebrities who make a point out of wearing it. Yes, I'm looking at you, Jennifer "I just had fifty chinchillas killed just so I could look fifteen pounds heavier" Lopez. It just infuriates me how cruelty to animals can become a fashion statement.
    I've never understood the thinking that wearing a dead animal is glamorous, especially when there are so many beautiful coats available that don't require killing.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

What is so wrong with non fur? Where do humans get the audactity to think that we are so superior to prey upon animals for our comfort, not neccessity.
    To all those people who wear furs, to all those companies that use animals for testing, to all those companies that grow various livestock, poultry etc, under inhumane conditions your day will come, and I will be right there to watch you get your just reward, I guarantee you that.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I agree. My mother had a faux rabbit fur coat and it was beautiful and soft. Why do we need to kill animals just so we can have a coat? It is ridiculous.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by queenb View Post
    But it would be a lot better, and not bug me nearly so much, if the fad of the loud, booming bass that you can hear for miles would go away. It really pisses me off when I'm trying to watch TV(and i keep my TV volume kinda loud!) and I can still hear one one of the idiot neighbor kids' car stereo; they sit out in front of their houses listening to that junk. I can even hear the one that's 300 yards away, over a hill!
    And it makes all the windows rattle in my house.
    Quote Originally Posted by gabriel
    What is so wrong with non fur? Where do humans get the audactity to think that we are so superior to prey upon animals for our comfort, not neccessity.
    To all those people who wear furs, to all those companies that use animals for testing, to all those companies that grow various livestock, poultry etc, under inhumane conditions your day will come, and I will be right there to watch you get your just reward, I guarantee you that.
    I'm 100% with you on that. Makes me sick.

Young girls who are so concerned about their weight and looks that they are way too skinny and their heads look huge compared to the rest of them they look like bobble heads!! Plus if they are not careful they may not develop properly leaving them unable to have any children just because they wanted to be a size 0. Trust me.....it has happened...if anyone is a mother or father of such a child please beg them to eat properly...you still can be slim and not wreck your future of having a family.

Quote Originally Posted by eh~mee! View Post
    Young girls who are so concerned about their weight and looks that they are way too skinny and their heads look huge compared to the rest of them they look like bobble heads!! Plus if they are not careful they may not develop properly leaving them unable to have any children just because they wanted to be a size 0. Trust me.....it has happened...if anyone is a mother or father of such a child please beg them to eat properly...you still can be slim and not wreck your future of having a family.
    I wholeheartedly agree here eh mee, brings to mind also those two that are part of the final 7th heaven cast, is it simpson & who? and they wear this lipstick halfway up to their nose ewwww.. I don't know maybe it's me but they both look greasy to me.. *shudder* oh THANK YOU LORD I'M GAY, and would rather have simon than one of those two.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

+ Reply to Thread