+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 238 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718192021222363113 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    Also the jeans that are "distressed" for you already, with tears and holes. I'm not paying $100 for ripped-up jeans, thank you. I'll stick with my $40 Levi's and wear them out myself.

Still waiting for the baggy pants thing on guys to go away...
    Hear Hear! My Levis are getting to thepoint now where I could probably see em for 150.00.. as to the baggy jeans things yeah I hate it too. Give me a guy in a nice FITTING pair of jeans.. *head swivels around*
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I'm with you on the fitting pair of jeans, gabriel.

Cowboy butt, Dagwood? Woo-hoo!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

It's funny the other day I was walking with a friend of mine, a straight as they come guy, and a guy & woman walking past us and we both *swiveled* necks at the precise same moment. when we realized what had happened we burst out laughing. Both of them were wearing nice very nice fitting jeans, and the departing images were nice...
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

I was really excited to discover that large purses/shoulder bags are back in style (those silly little clutches and baguettes are absolutely pointless as far as I'm concerned), but I am now discovering that these large bags are festooned with buckles, straps, zippers, pockets, fringes, studs, eyelets, reptile-print and metallic veneers. They make the business women who carry them look like off-duty bar chicks. I'm not a particularly conservative dresser (I will be making a skull-print t-shirt this weekend to wear over my black chiffon skirt), but sheesh, whatever happened to taste and practicality. If I'm going to pay in excess of $200 for a bag, it had better not make me look like a hooker or be capable of ripping holes in my stockings.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus View Post
    I was really excited to discover that large purses/shoulder bags are back in style (those silly little clutches and baguettes are absolutely pointless as far as I'm concerned), but I am now discovering that these large bags are festooned with buckles, straps, zippers, pockets, fringes, studs, eyelets, reptile-print and metallic veneers. If I'm going to pay in excess of $200 for a bag, it had better not make me look like a hooker or be capable of ripping holes in my stockings.
    I think some of these purses could double as weapons! I saw one the other day with so many buckles and metal studs, it'd probably give any mugger a concussion if you swung it at him.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

those silly little clutches and baguettes are absolutely pointless as far as I'm concerned
    Those are so annoying! I need a purse with a long strap. I like to have my hands free.

Me too Marley!! I've looked everywhere over the past month and I can't find a nice leather bag/purse with a long strap so I can wear it across my chest if I have to... I need my hands free if I'm walking with 5 kids!
    I have casual bags with longer straps but an affordable leather one seems to be impossible to find.. I think I might have to commission one.. without the deadly/hookerish detailing.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I was using a fannypack for quite a while and carrying it across my chest, but got a Betty Boop mini backpack for Christmas.
    Try ebags.com They seem to have a lot of nice things.

"Current Fads" you wish would die off today...

Gangsta' Rap and bling-bling and the young punks that idolize these guys and emulate the angry ghetto moves and lingo from their "role models", with the girls following suit emulating the skanky bee-atches in the videos. It's all BAD! And by that I DON'T mean good.

+ Reply to Thread