+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I actually do have a pair of the transitioning glasses, but they don't get dark enough (the light really bothers my eyes). And I did try contacts, but I have dry eyes and they kept popping out. Plus I have a deathly fear of going blind which means I don't like putting anything in my eyes, wearing mascara or giving any consideration whatsoever to laser surgery. So, unfortunately, it's tragically hip I must remain .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

A fad I wish would go away is kids or adults saying whatevs or whatever. It's rude!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I used to have an employee who, upon receiving a butt-chewing from me, would say "whatever" About the second time that he did it, I told him, "no, NOT whatever. I am in charge. We do things my way. RIGHT?"

It's so disrespectful. It's like flipping the bird to me.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always thought that "whatever" was rather equivalent to verbally, flipping you the bird.

GMTA, bug!!! Allow me to flip you the thumb!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Great minds prhoshay!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2768013;
    Well, I feel I must explain myself somewhat. I wear prescription glasses, and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that I wear every day because strong light bothers my eyes. That means I occasionally get caught out in the evening or in a store or some other inappropriate time and place wearing the shades (I still need to prescription part to do their duty, no matter how dark it is), and then having to explain that I'm not actually terminally cool, I'm vision impaired .
    Same here Rattus, I have both prescription glasses and sunglasses and my eyes are extrememly sensitive to the sunlight. Even on rather overcast days, I still need to wear the sunglasses. I have, on occasion, been caught wearing the sunglasses inside stores because I am just too lazy to change them out if I am just running in to pay for gas or pick up some milk, etc. I am also probably well known on security cameras for walking into a store, stopping in my tracks, thumbing through my pocketbook for my eyeglass case, switching glasses and then proceeding to shop.

Hubby has those glasses that get darker when outdoors and loves them. But after awhile, they stay dark for longer periods of time once he goes back indoors. I can remember being at my sister's wedding years ago. We all had to wait outside for the receiving line to end before going back inside for family pictures. Since we had been outside so long, his lenses were very dark and did not lighten up much when it was time for the picture. So we now have a lovely 8 x 11 framed photo of my immediate family and there he is.....looking like he is wearing his sunglasses inside the church.

My sister just got a new kind of the coor changing glasses that do seem to get pretty dark, and they do it really quickly too--some of you who wear glasses might want to check to see what's new. I need to get my eyes checked again myself--I just started needing reading glasses last year, but now I feel like my faraway vision is not so great either. ah, the joys of aging...
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Since I buy my reading glasses at the dollar store. (I really need to bite the bullet and go to the eye doctor), there have been times when I need to both read and have on sunglasses. My husband laughs at me, because I will put my sunglass on over my reading glasses and then I look like Queen Dork because I'm wearing 2 pairs of glasses.

I need bifocals because I need glasses to read, but I can't walk in them, so when grocery shopping, I am flipping my glasses up and down on my head or sliding them way down on my nose and peering over the top.

I really want these:
    Welcome to SportCliC the newest place for CliC Sunglasses, CliC Goggles and CliC Readers
    I have seen several people wearing them and I like them. They also make regular sunglasses and reading sunglasses thus eliminating my Queen Dork look, if and when I get them. I am bad about putting my glasses on my head or leaving them places, so I think the clic glasses would be perfect for me.

Maybe the clic glasses are a few fad that won't go away.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Guess you could always get a "granny chain" in the meantime?

One thing I have learned is that your eyes are worth spending good money on. Good vision is a blessing, and should be indulged.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread