+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

  1. #1271
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Fine! Don't dance. They act as if theyre hurting someone by not dancing in a respectable manner. If you're at the point where you're simulating sex, im glad someone is stepping in to stop it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  2. #1272
    Best Buddies Gutmutter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    Nap Time
    Posts
    13,228

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    We are talking simulating sex and we're talking 11, 12, and 13-yr.-olds not high school students. Funniest thing, though. They go straight from grinding to everyone on the floor for Cotton-Eye-Joe.
    Count your blessings!

  3. #1273
    MRD
    MRD is offline
    FORT Fogey MRD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    somewhere resting
    Age
    52
    Posts
    16,893

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2760964;
    We are talking simulating sex and we're talking 11, 12, and 13-yr.-olds not high school students. Funniest thing, though. They go straight from grinding to everyone on the floor for Cotton-Eye-Joe.
    This also landed me in trouble because there was a part of it that we would all yell "BULLSH**" . And I don't know why, but we did and we got in trouble.

    No simulated sex with 11, 12 and 13 is not something I would want to see or have my child doing. I was just saying that dancing has been something that teenagers do that adults have had a problem with since Elvis.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

  4. #1274
    Trouble in my life just1paul's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Location
    In Ms. Troubles life and apartment
    Age
    56
    Posts
    9,544

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2761283;
    This also landed me in trouble because there was a part of it that we would all yell "BULLSH**" . And I don't know why, but we did and we got in trouble.

    No simulated sex with 11, 12 and 13 is not something I would want to see or have my child doing. I was just saying that dancing has been something that teenagers do that adults have had a problem with since Elvis.

    I had a Jr. High Vice-Principal who once told a group of students who were doing whatever dumb dance they did in the early 70s, that when he was a kid his parents thought the Charleston was dirty dirty dirty.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

    Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

  5. #1275
    That's all folks! Unklescott's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    Dublin, OH
    Posts
    26,558

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    WTH is up with wearing sunglasses backwards on your head? Dumb, just plain dumb.

  6. #1276
    Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    whatever
    Age
    30
    Posts
    6,081

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Or in night clubs or while walking around at night.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

  7. #1277
    Aint I a lil devil? SuperBrat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Seattle
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,032

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2767660;
    Or in night clubs or while walking around at night.
    Don't you know Amy Lee I wear my suuuuuuuuuuunglasses at night....
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

  8. #1278
    Wild thang Rattus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    In the trees
    Age
    54
    Posts
    6,911

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2767660;
    Or in night clubs or while walking around at night.
    Well, I feel I must explain myself somewhat. I wear prescription glasses, and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that I wear every day because strong light bothers my eyes. That means I occasionally get caught out in the evening or in a store or some other inappropriate time and place wearing the shades (I still need to prescription part to do their duty, no matter how dark it is), and then having to explain that I'm not actually terminally cool, I'm vision impaired .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

  9. #1279
    Premium Member DesertRose's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Reno hell
    Posts
    3,487

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2768013;
    Well, I feel I must explain myself somewhat. I wear prescription glasses, and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that I wear every day because strong light bothers my eyes. That means I occasionally get caught out in the evening or in a store or some other inappropriate time and place wearing the shades (I still need to prescription part to do their duty, no matter how dark it is), and then having to explain that I'm not actually terminally cool, I'm vision impaired .
    My mom had the same issue. She also hated switching glasses depending on her location (inside or out). She bought those glasses that get darker when you are outside and clear when you are inside. She loves them.

  10. #1280
    Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Right Here, Right Now
    Posts
    25,319

    Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

    This type of thing is one of the reasons why I eventually got contact lenses, so that I could wear regular sunglasses (in the day time), and they flip them to the top of my head when I went inside. Proudly, I no longer wear contacts! I used to have the prescription sunglasses but, because of what Rattus posted, I had to do something else, or carry 2 pair of glasses to be switched out at any given moment. That got old really quickly, since I was in and out all day long. I can't stand wearing sunglasses indoors.

    I hated those glasses that changed when you went indoors/outdoors. I remember when they were called "Photograys". I thought they were ugly and aging. Maybe that's because one of my bosses wore them, and he was not my favorite person. They are a great idea, in theory, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

    When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.