+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Fine! Don't dance. They act as if theyre hurting someone by not dancing in a respectable manner. If you're at the point where you're simulating sex, im glad someone is stepping in to stop it.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

We are talking simulating sex and we're talking 11, 12, and 13-yr.-olds not high school students. Funniest thing, though. They go straight from grinding to everyone on the floor for Cotton-Eye-Joe.
    Count your blessings!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2760964;
    We are talking simulating sex and we're talking 11, 12, and 13-yr.-olds not high school students. Funniest thing, though. They go straight from grinding to everyone on the floor for Cotton-Eye-Joe.
    This also landed me in trouble because there was a part of it that we would all yell "BULLSH**" . And I don't know why, but we did and we got in trouble.

No simulated sex with 11, 12 and 13 is not something I would want to see or have my child doing. I was just saying that dancing has been something that teenagers do that adults have had a problem with since Elvis.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2761283;
    This also landed me in trouble because there was a part of it that we would all yell "BULLSH**" . And I don't know why, but we did and we got in trouble.

No simulated sex with 11, 12 and 13 is not something I would want to see or have my child doing. I was just saying that dancing has been something that teenagers do that adults have had a problem with since Elvis.

I had a Jr. High Vice-Principal who once told a group of students who were doing whatever dumb dance they did in the early 70s, that when he was a kid his parents thought the Charleston was dirty dirty dirty.
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

WTH is up with wearing sunglasses backwards on your head? Dumb, just plain dumb.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Or in night clubs or while walking around at night.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2767660;
    Don't you know Amy Lee I wear my suuuuuuuuuuunglasses at night....
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee;2767660;
    Well, I feel I must explain myself somewhat. I wear prescription glasses, and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that I wear every day because strong light bothers my eyes. That means I occasionally get caught out in the evening or in a store or some other inappropriate time and place wearing the shades (I still need to prescription part to do their duty, no matter how dark it is), and then having to explain that I'm not actually terminally cool, I'm vision impaired .
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2768013;
    Well, I feel I must explain myself somewhat. I wear prescription glasses, and I have a pair of prescription sunglasses that I wear every day because strong light bothers my eyes. That means I occasionally get caught out in the evening or in a store or some other inappropriate time and place wearing the shades (I still need to prescription part to do their duty, no matter how dark it is), and then having to explain that I'm not actually terminally cool, I'm vision impaired .
    My mom had the same issue. She also hated switching glasses depending on her location (inside or out). She bought those glasses that get darker when you are outside and clear when you are inside. She loves them.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

This type of thing is one of the reasons why I eventually got contact lenses, so that I could wear regular sunglasses (in the day time), and they flip them to the top of my head when I went inside. Proudly, I no longer wear contacts! I used to have the prescription sunglasses but, because of what Rattus posted, I had to do something else, or carry 2 pair of glasses to be switched out at any given moment. That got old really quickly, since I was in and out all day long. I can't stand wearing sunglasses indoors.

I hated those glasses that changed when you went indoors/outdoors. I remember when they were called "Photograys". I thought they were ugly and aging. Maybe that's because one of my bosses wore them, and he was not my favorite person. They are a great idea, in theory, though.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread