+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Crabby Cancerian remote_goddess's Avatar
    Where everything has a slight "down-under" flavor and all the pretty boys are named Michael Johns...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

At the mall today on lunch break, I saw the most horrendous fashion faux pas I've seen firsthand in a while... a large woman, and I don't really mean overweight, though she wasn't a skinny mini, was wearing one of those tube-top dresses. The most obvious problem was that the lack of support was causing the entire top to droop way down, showing more clevage than is publicly decent. Second issue is that the pattern was stretched and out of whack so it looked really odd. Third, when those tops stretch like that, the band part of it thins out horizontally, and this lady looked like the bandeau part barely covered the nips, which were hanging down near waistline...

I don't like the tube tops, nor do I find the dresses very flattering. The only ones who can get away with them are small-chested ladies/girls, but those are generally the ones who don't really want to draw attention to that particular region...

And the bubble dresses? Who can actually wear these and look good?

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

That is one grotesque picture you have painted, remote goddess. Eeeeewwwww!

I've seen small chested ladies/girls who don't look good in them and are, also, always tugging at pulling them up. These tops are just not female-friendly, at all. There is a young lady on BB8 who is so small she looks possibly anorexic, and she was constantly tugging at hers. You wouldn't think she'd have a problem. I hate clothes that you have to work at keeping them on!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Famita, it doesn't really hurt me to have something between my toes, its just irritating...I don't even know if that's the word I am looking for. I can't really describe it. To me, it would be worse to put a band-aid or something around it because that would make the part between my toes even bigger and that would annoy the heck out of me. I don't know if that even made any sense. It did to me!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by remote_goddess;2469640;
    At the mall today on lunch break, I saw the most horrendous fashion faux pas I've seen firsthand in a while... a large woman, and I don't really mean overweight, though she wasn't a skinny mini, was wearing one of those tube-top dresses. The most obvious problem was that the lack of support was causing the entire top to droop way down, showing more clevage than is publicly decent. Second issue is that the pattern was stretched and out of whack so it looked really odd. Third, when those tops stretch like that, the band part of it thins out horizontally, and this lady looked like the bandeau part barely covered the nips, which were hanging down near waistline...

I don't like the tube tops, nor do I find the dresses very flattering. The only ones who can get away with them are small-chested ladies/girls, but those are generally the ones who don't really want to draw attention to that particular region...

And the bubble dresses? Who can actually wear these and look good?
    Ya know, I was feeling a wee bit nauseous before reading this and now may have to run to the bathroom after that mental image.

Why is it always the people that shouldn't be wearing that stuff that wear it?
    I've always said: Just because they make it in your size, doesn't mean you have to wear it. I know Lane Bryant carries thongs in size 5X. That is just wrong. I used to wear a 4X (NOT in a thong) and would have NEVER dreamed of buying one of those. UH UH, no way. Thong panties should only go to a certain size before the manufacturer just says NO, not going to make them any bigger, because someone just might wear them.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Are ytou guys referring to these:

I've seen a variation where a strap i believe is on the same line as the big toe.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Mine are kind of like those but the loop on mine is a little higher on the toe...those are adorable though!

Here is one....the mismatched clothes the kids are wearing these days. My niece is a beautiful young girl. She is 14, 5 foot 10 1/2 inches tall and thin and athletic. She can wear anything and look great. What did she wear when she was here last week? Camoflauge (spelling?) shorts with a red polka dot pullover. WTH? She also wore olive green shorts with a black polka dot tank top and an orange tank under that. Most of her clothes are mismatching. She plans it that way. It's ridiculous! And of course, she wore her pink flip-flops with every outfit. Maybe I'm just being picky, but it looked awful! Then she makes fun of her little sister because she will wear a red shirt with a different shade of red shorts... She even mismatches her swimsuit tops and bottoms. I wanted so badly to pick her outfits...

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2470696;
    Here is one....the mismatched clothes the kids are wearing these days. My niece is a beautiful young girl. She is 14, 5 foot 10 1/2 inches tall and thin and athletic. She can wear anything and look great. What did she wear when she was here last week? Camoflauge (spelling?) shorts with a red polka dot pullover. WTH? She also wore olive green shorts with a black polka dot tank top and an orange tank under that. Most of her clothes are mismatching. She plans it that way. It's ridiculous! And of course, she wore her pink flip-flops with every outfit. Maybe I'm just being picky, but it looked awful! Then she makes fun of her little sister because she will wear a red shirt with a different shade of red shorts... She even mismatches her swimsuit tops and bottoms. I wanted so badly to pick her outfits...
    I've gotten used to it. My daughter dresses like that and I always think she looks like she's homeless due to the layering and mismatchedness (is that a word?) of the outfits. She'll have on 3 shirts!!!! None of which match, leggings under a skirt, etc. No wonder she has so much laundry. And she's got on polka dots, camoflauge, a rock tee, a short jacket like thing over all that and leopard print ballet flats. But when I go places with her, I hear other kids tell her she looks "cool", so I guess I'm getting to be an old fogey. I mean, I used to wear the 80's Madonna/Cyndy Lauper/Boy George look and I know my mom thought it was awful. (I think its awful now. What the heck was I THINKING??? )

Speaking of I happened to catch an old rerun of Kate and Allie the other day and Kate was wearing one of those big, unstructured jackets with HUGE shoulder pads in a big cabbage rose print. My daughter was saying how awful it was when I pulled out a photo of me in one just like it. Remember the big cabbage rose fad in the 80's???
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Quote Originally Posted by katgib13;2470696;
    Is she taking summer classes at Clown College?
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

I remember those cabbage roses and wanting one of those jackets .
    When my niece was a teenager she went through a phase when she bought all her clothes from the men's section of the Salvation Army. The more lumberjack looking the better.
    She's now a nurse practitioner engaged to a great guy so no harm no foul.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

+ Reply to Thread