+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2464908;
    schmoo2, my toe-mate!!! You are the first person I've heard say that they can't wear flip-flops because of the pain!!! )
    I can't wear them either, the toe thing just bugs me too much, even if it's a soft enough material not to hurt.

Back on topic, fashion I wish would die... swimsuits for bigger women with NO support to amount to anything! What few I've seen with even an underwire don't come in big sizes (and I don't mean a 14 or 16, thanks...) you would think that some plus size designer would come out with suits with a good bra built in...I'd pay quite a bit for it myself. What few I have seen are plain old 'tank' style suits with nothing to hide the tummy area at all. Of course I know it isn't really hidden, but I'd like to have a suit with a good bra and the bottom half the 'shorts' suit they have now, or something like that.
    I have to wonder who ever looked at a woman with, shall we say " 40 D or larger" bra size, and thought "Gee, I'll sew in two little foam pad--that should work!"
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2465215;
    I can't wear them either, the toe thing just bugs me too much, even if it's a soft enough material not to hurt.

Back on topic, fashion I wish would die... swimsuits for bigger women with NO support to amount to anything! What few I've seen with even an underwire don't come in big sizes (and I don't mean a 14 or 16, thanks...) you would think that some plus size designer would come out with suits with a good bra built in...I'd pay quite a bit for it myself. What few I have seen are plain old 'tank' style suits with nothing to hide the tummy area at all. Of course I know it isn't really hidden, but I'd like to have a suit with a good bra and the bottom half the 'shorts' suit they have now, or something like that.
    I have to wonder who ever looked at a woman with, shall we say " 40 D or larger" bra size, and thought "Gee, I'll sew in two little foam pad--that should work!"
    Can I get an Amen sista??!!!!

I'm a big girl and I've never understood the theory of some designers who put those little foam pads in there that barely cover anything and your boobs hanging way down below the seam that is supposed to hold the ole twins and for heaven's sake, what about the bathing suits with the stripes going AROUND??? Hellllooooo...can we get some vertical stripes instead?????

(We really need a angrywoman icon!!!)
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Bama, for now I guess we had better hurry up and get in up to our necks!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2465250;
    Hellllooooo...can we get some vertical stripes instead?????
    Horizontal stripes are atrocious! I mean really, if you are not a size 2, (studies show most of us are NOT) then who are the designers making the clothes for?

Personally, I am loving all the funky patterns and paisley out in bathing suits this year. Much more flattering than solids.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2465215;

Someone actually did make your dream swimsuit and I had it about 2 years ago. The problem was the bra was INDUSTRIAL strength! I have never had a suit like that before. In fact, it went a little overboard in the support area in my opinion. But usually I have the same complaint as you do about the lack thereof. This one could have been like those Madonna cone things from years ago.
    But it was shorts over a tank. The shorts were sewn on, but it looked like shorts over a tank and they had POCKETS!!! Now whats not to love about a suit with pockets?
    I got it from the lane bryant catalog which is totally different than the lane bryant stores. But here's the thing that gets me about bathing suits. They cost more than most of my entire wardrobe put together. and the plus size ones are even more pricey. But I have had good luck with the lane bryant catalog suits. Good quality and usually good support. Don't go to Walmart for a suit. No support, cheap quality and you may just end up embarrassed at the pool!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

My ideal bathing suit is a tankini with boyshorts. Currently it's at Old Navy, or at least it was in April...

Btw, i believe i spotted someone wearing the pink version of those flip flops on the previous page. I'm more of a birckenstock girl.

eta: A prevalent fad that needs to go away is too tight shirts that show all your bumps and lumps and over hang.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I think this is called "spend some money and get some decent clothes."
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Add me to the list of people who can't wear flip-flops. I hate anything between my toes. Makes it hard to buy cute sandals. I have a pair that loop around the top of my big toe and those are fine.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Butterfly723;2468919;
    Add me to the list of people who can't wear flip-flops. I hate anything between my toes. Makes it hard to buy cute sandals. I have a pair that loop around the top of my big toe and those are fine.
    Butterfly, I have a pair of those too. Friends went to the Kino sandal factory in Key West (LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Kino's and in Key West, they are cheap. Off the website, not too bad, but not as cheap as at the factory) and brought me back the cutest pair that has the toe thing over the big toe. Well, I am not co-ordinated enough to wear them. My toe slips out and then there is nothing holding the sandal on my foot except the strap over the instep and I always manage to trip over the shoe that is now flapping as I walk. It's usually out in public and quite the spectacle I'm sure.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

For those of you who hate the between the toe thing, I have learned to wrap mine with a cloth bandaid-round and round and round it goes! Both the cloth and the bandaid poof thing add cushion and it doesn't hurt me so much.

+ Reply to Thread