+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

schmoo2, my toe-mate!!! You are the first person I've heard say that they can't wear flip-flops because of the pain!!! I have the exact same problem. I think my toes are just structured too closely together for those shoes. Finally! someone who understands!! I do like my toes out, though...I spend good money on great pedicures!! (And my toes are not gnarly! )
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2464908;
    schmoo2, my toe-mate!!! You are the first person I've heard say that they can't wear flip-flops because of the pain!!! I have the exact same problem. I think my toes are just structured too closely together for those shoes. Finally! someone who understands!! I do like my toes out, though...I spend good money on great pedicures!! (And my toes are not gnarly! )
    You two are not alone. I know several people that can't wear them because of the discomfort.

A fad I wish would die out is leaf blowers. The loud, noisy, gasoline powered ones. Seems that everyone in the neighborhood cranked them up this morning. What happened to raking and sweeping? Not only is it good exercise, but its better for the enviroment and less noisy on a nice pleasant Sun. morning. I happen to find sweeping to be somewhat relaxing.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Premium Member

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2464064;
    I just checked out crocs, and they have a cute little ballerina slipper.

the best of the worst - it looks very cute and pretty.

cant decided between the colors - lots more colors there.
    Those are adorable! I'm going to be watching for those.

Roses - I have a pair of those Crocs flip flops in black. I love them.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2464925;
    Those are adorable! I'm going to be watching for those.

Roses - I have a pair of those Crocs flip flops in black. I love them.
    So are the croc flip flops as comfortable as the mary janes or the clogs?

I'd really like to invest in the flip flops. My husband raves about his clogs for work and my daughter has the mary janes and loves them. I have tried both of theirs on and they are very comfortable, but I'd rather have the sandals.

I nearly died when hubby bought some because he is NOT a shoe person and definetly would not have bought anything like this. But a lot of the guys he works with wear them and swear by them and they have to take their shoes on and off going in and out of houses so as not to mess up the floors, so he says the clogs work very well for him and actually give more support than his work boots.

Premium Member

Well, since you just said upthread that you can't wear flip flops because of the toe thing, you wouldn't like the Crocs flip flops for the same reason. Plus I think the toe thing (whatever that's called) is thicker in the Crocs than with other flip flops so it would probably be more uncomfortable if that's an issue for you. I don't have that problem so they work well for me.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2464047;
    The thing I hate most about cellphones, other than the loud conversations, is that they seem to make people oblivious to whats going on around them, pulling their cars out in front of you ....
    I think that's it exactly. We have a highway whose right lane is always stopped at rush hour with people trying to exit, while drivers in the left lane sail by at 60. I'm in the fast lane and, sure enough, some moron on a cellphone slowly pulls in front of me from the right lane. I don't think she even looked. I slammed on my brakes, swerved to avoid her stupid BMW and the concrete barrier just inches to my left, and prayed that the cars behind wouldn't slam into me. But I'm sure her phone call was important.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2465007;
    Well, since you just said upthread that you can't wear flip flops because of the toe thing, you wouldn't like the Crocs flip flops for the same reason. Plus I think the toe thing (whatever that's called) is thicker in the Crocs than with other flip flops so it would probably be more uncomfortable if that's an issue for you. I don't have that problem so they work well for me.
    Actually I am ok with flip flops, I was just telling PS and Schmoo that I knew other people like them that couldn't wear them.

I have a similar looking pair that I got at Payless earlier in the year, but I know they can't be nearly as comfortable as the crocs. In fact, I don't wear them if I have a lot of walking to do as they in fact have NO support. But the toe thing is a bit thicker, so I'd probably not have a problem with the crocs.

I just want to make sure they are as comfortable and have the support as the other crocs as I'd rather have the sandals than anything else.
    You certainly must like them because you've said you have several pairs. Nothing like satisfied customers to sell a product. I probably wouldn't have considered crocs at all if I hadn't heard so much from people here and from other friends and family that wear them. I'm just glad they are branching out into other styles.

Premium Member

Ah.. well in that case you would probalby like them just fine. I think they give a lot better support than normal flip flops. They don't have as thick of a sole as regular Crocs so I don't think they are as comfortable to wear for a whole day like Crocs (support wise) are but for the most part I like them a lot.

I only have one pair of the flip flops but I do have several pairs of regular Crocs. Mostly to have different colors because it's hard to have just one color and have them go with everything. I think my baby blue ones go with the most. I also got a pair of multicolored swirled ones from Payless because I liked the color, but they are not nearly as comfortable as the real deal, so I won't ever buy the knock-offs again.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2464961;
    So are the croc flip flops as comfortable as the mary janes or the clogs?
    I broke down and bought those Croc sandals I showed upthread, and I'm with Marleybone and SueEllen on the comfort - they're awesome! I ended up getting two pairs because they were so comfy - black on black and a pair that's brown on top, blue on the bottom. The heels are super cushy, and really keep me from feeling the hard pavement.

For those of you who don't like the between-the-toe thing, Crocs does have this style (although I don't think they're as stylish ):

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I used to have that problem with flip-flops. As long as I buy the ones that have fabric between the toes, I'm fine. It's the ones that have the big hunk of plastic that hurt. I'd live in flip-flops now if I could - as long as it's the fabric kind!

+ Reply to Thread