+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

I've read that some cell convos are often faked for the sake of attention, etc.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

MRD, the next time someone has such a private conversation so close to you on the phone like that, I'd suggest leaning over and offering your own advice about the problem. I bet that would shut them up in a hurry.
    It's such a fine line between stupid, and clever. -- David St. Hubbins

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2464205;
    MRD, the next time someone has such a private conversation so close to you on the phone like that, I'd suggest leaning over and offering your own advice about the problem. I bet that would shut them up in a hurry.
    Lucy, you always have the best advice.

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2463988;
    As for the crocs, I went on their site this morning out of curiosity. I might be sold on their MaryJanes.
    Hm, this must be Croc day, because I went on their site for the first time this morning. Schmoo2, I thought those shoes were absolutely adorable, but I wondered if they'd make your feet sweat not having the air holes along the sides that other Crocs do? With my neck problems, regular sandals just don't offer enough cushion for keeping my neck from jarring when I walk, so I checked out their sandals, and found some that I thought might just do the trick. They come in a variety of colors, too.

Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2464064;
    I just checked out crocs, and they have a cute little ballerina slipper.

the best of the worst - it looks very cute and pretty.

cant decided between the colors - lots more colors there.
    Cute, but you have to have the 'holey' ones or else your feet do get sweaty I ought one closed up pair but they are only good under 70 degrees F.
    ****pooh...I go back to work Wednesday, and it's back to work boots. I've only had on shoes other than crocs briefly two or three times since mid-April. ***
    Last edited by queenb; 07-07-2007 at 07:44 PM.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Lucy;2464205;
    I have to agree you have the best advice. I wiill definetly try that. Since I'm not shy, I will definetly try that. I usually avoid "confrontation" and saying: "Your cell convo is bothering my dinner" would sound really confrontational, but offering a humorous piece of advice, might make them take it outside where it belongs and wake them up to what they are doing without starting a fight. Thanks.

I could be the roviing Dr. Phil of cell phone advice!
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Rosekid: Those sandals are cute! I actually really like those!

Asst to the Regional Mgr SueEllenMishke's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2463988;
    As for the crocs, I went on their site this morning out of curiosity. I might be sold on their MaryJanes.
    DesertRose- I have the Mary Janes in black, and they are my favorite shoes right now! I wear them everywhere. I'm thinking about getting some different colors too.

And roses- I actually have those flip flops too, and I love them as well. They are super comfy and give pretty good support.

Yes, I have a little shoe problem sometimes!
    I was made to understand there were grilled cheese sandwiches here.

MRD

I think I would prefer that croc sandal to the enclosed shoes. I too need more support than regular flip flops give. I actually like the crocs better than Jellies looks wise. I personally don't own any yet. I did see a croc shoe that looks like a topsider. It has a leather top that laces and the croc bottom with the plastic and holes. It was in a beige/brown color scheme that was very nice. I wouldn't mind a pair of those either.

Queenb-I know that you are ready to get back to work, but take it easy if you can and ease back in the routine. Let us know how it goes on Wed. Glad you are finally feeling so much better.

I can't do flipflops. I have tried. soft, covered, normal - I can't stand ANYTHING between my toes. just too tenderfooted there, I guess. I have never been able to wear flip flops and walk at the same time.

I also very seldom let my toes out. I hate the way my feet look (and am not too crazy about anyone elses for that matter)

I ordered a pair of the flats, just to see how it is.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2464895;
    I can't do flipflops. I have tried. soft, covered, normal - I can't stand ANYTHING between my toes. just too tenderfooted there, I guess. I have never been able to wear flip flops and walk at the same time.

I also very seldom let my toes out. I hate the way my feet look (and am not too crazy about anyone elses for that matter)

I ordered a pair of the flats, just to see how it is.
    My dad was like that. And he called them "go aheads" as he said you can't walk backwards in flip flops. He could not manage to walk in them at all period. My parents had a pool so he was looking for something to wear around the pool.

+ Reply to Thread