+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 238 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Naaahhh, Roses, go for it...I'm 5'8" myself. I wear them with my flip-flops *covers ears so as not to hear horrified screams*, but not the ugly beach type flip-flops, mine are sort of faux sneakers (am I scaring anyone yet? ) They're low-waisted though - I know there's all kinds of hate for low-riders, but they're a blessing for those of us that are high-waisted to begin with.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

AJane, I have always enjoyed your posts on other sites, and enjoyed picturing you covering your ears! More power to you being tall and wearing capris.....I just can't do it. Besides, like I said, the minute I buy them, they'll be out of style....just like that. Say, maybe I should buy some....hmmmm.....

Just realized the fad I hate the most though is teenage boys' pants hanging off their butts. How do they keep them from falling right off their bodies? I wonder sometimes if they aren't sewn right on their boxers, or if their mothers use velcro?!? They seem to defy gravity
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Premium Member Yeti Long Shot: Porpoheus Champion
    Only certain people can pull of the capri look. Regarless of matter age, size, or height. Myself: 6 feet tall, 130 pounds, I can't do it. Elle McPherson (same size and shape - no, really!) can wear anything and look like a, well, supermodel. You must try them on and please be realistic about the reflection. If you don't like the flip-flops, fine, but please don't try to fix the look with 3-inch heels. Only Barbie can do that one. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by elphaba
    amen to that!
    note to mcdonalds: i go there to eat the 10 million carb loaded big mac and i like it like that!! guess that's why i'm not trendy and don't wear the lowrider pants
    can you imagine? come to Mcdonalds, if you buy our Mcdeal menu you will be 3 pounds heavier, but youll save money.
    Interested in Titanic the game? click the link and watch this completely origional game play out. click here

Hmmm....if I wanted a fad to die, it would be...

1) The visible thong rising over the jeans. I was never a fan of the thong and it just looks skanky when girls just purposely have their jeans so low that their thongs show.

2) The "Disney princesses" (ie. Hilary, Lindsay, Raven) getting record contracts when they can barely sing a lick and have to rely on computer magic for their voices.

That's what I think.

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JenTheSurvivah!
    2) The "Disney princesses" (ie. Hilary, Lindsay, Raven) getting record contracts when they can barely sing a lick and have to rely on computer magic for their voices.
    [threadjack]I actually think Raven can sing okay, but I think they put too much backup vocals on her.[/threadjack]

The fad I definitely want to die are the really baggy pants. It's pretty disturbing when a guy with really baggy pants bends over.

Hmmm....if I wanted a fad to die, it would be...

This has been a time-honored tradition....Patti Duke and Hayley Mills from the 60's were groomed in the same manner. If you're deemed sellable (is that a word?!), they'll market the heck out of you, then be looking for the next kid to replace you as you grow up. Gad, I sound cynical, don't I?
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

1) The visible thong rising over the jeans. I was never a fan of the thong and it just looks skanky when girls just purposely have their jeans so low that their thongs show.
    Yeah...pretty much defeats the purpose of a thong, doesn't it?
    Gustav Holst was right!

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Yeah...pretty much defeats the purpose of a thong, doesn't it?
    I don't get the 'purpose' anyway. Women I know who wear 'em claim it's so there's no panty line, but then when they turn around the ceter seam of their pants is riding into their butt-crack, especially if the pants are a little too small already. Yuck! I've even seen skirts caught in there :rolleyes . Try Spanx instead, if that's your real reason. I think the real reason for thongs is the same as for high heels, corsets and other totuous clothing - it's sexy. (Well, on some people, not me!)
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb
    I think the real reason for thongs is the same as for high heels, corsets and other totuous clothing - it's sexy. (Well, on some people, not me!)

Not sexy on me, either. Not that I could wear them anyway. Couldn't handle having a constant wedgie.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

+ Reply to Thread