+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Mixing Old Fashioneds PhoneGrrrl's Avatar

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by DesertRose;2458351;
    PhoneG, are you talking about the shoes? I remember wearing those as a child and hating them because they would cut into your skin. But I'm amazed at how much came back from when I was 7-8. I actually think it's quite cute.
    Yeah, those plastic shoes. I had a love/hate relationship with them when I was a kid. I thought they looked cute, but they were anything but comfortable, especially in the hot, hot summers. I still may find it cute for kids, but these were in the adult section. There's something about wearing bedazzled shoes when you're over 12 that just seems silly to me.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2459335;
    I will never give up my Crocs. I also used to think they were too ugly until one day at work I tried someone's on. I was struck by how cute the bright orange ones looked with her navy blue scrubs. Once I tried them on I was hooked and I've been wearing them to work for 2 years now. Sometimes I work really long shifts but my feet are always happy.
    OK, I could see how wearing the ugly Crocs with scrubs might look OK. Bizarre things can work with scrubs. You gotta do something to make your workplace fun.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

The girls at the pediatric dentist office said they have different crocs for different scrubs and it is always fun colors. They looked really cute when we were in the other day and they all had dark pink scrubs with orange piping and orange crocs.
    The kids love the little jibbits on them too! While they may be ugly they are great for the girls to put on over their tights to wear to ballet. They are good when they get wet too.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Marleybone;2459335;
    I will never give up my Crocs. I also used to think they were too ugly until one day at work I tried someone's on. I was struck by how cute the bright orange ones looked with her navy blue scrubs. Once I tried them on I was hooked and I've been wearing them to work for 2 years now. Sometimes I work really long shifts but my feet are always happy.
    That's because Orange and Blue are such GREAT colors together!! In fact, Orange and Blue is the color of national champions!

Ya know, I wish I could get away with wearing glittery stuff. I am not a little girl, but I still like all the glitter, sequins, feathers and other dazzle-y stuff. It's fun. I mean, come ON, who DOESN'T like glitter? Even the name glitter is magical sounding.

But I do draw the line at the Florida retired look of gold lame' shoes, purse and matching panama hat. I swear it is de rigor down there for women of a "certain" age.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Just wear your glittery shoes at the house! I used to have glittery socks that I would wear to work only on Sundays! That was a fun surprise! Black kneesocks with gold glitter. They wore out, and I haven't been able to find anything like them since then.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2459481;
    Just wear your glittery shoes at the house!
    I could wear them with my sequined crown and feather boa and leopard print PJ's!

I loved Jellies because you could afford to buy them in every color. But they weren't all that comfortable. But back then, comfort did NOT come before fashion.
    And before those "beach" shoes were invented, you could wear Jellies canoeing or at the beach and not step on stuff in the water and cut your bare feet and since they were plastic the water didn't ruin them.

Quote Originally Posted by myrosiedog;2459470;
    That's because Orange and Blue are such GREAT colors together!! In fact, Orange and Blue is the color of national champions!
    Now THERE'S a fad that I hope dies off SOON!!
    "The road that is built in hope is more pleasant to the traveler than the road built in despair, even though they both lead to the same destination."
    --Marion Zimmer Bradley

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Newfherder;2459489;
    Now THERE'S a fad that I hope dies off SOON!!
    Some people just never get over their grouchiness!

Billy Donovan signed a new contract, so we still have both our championship coaches. This is a fad I hope sticks around a while!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Crappy movies during the summer is something that needs immediate care.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

I like crocs on little kids and they look good on some people. I'm not one of them. I tried a pair on and they didn't look so good. I have to agree, they do look good with scrubs. I might cave when I actually have to wear scrubs (when I go back to work). Even though I don't like the way they look most of the time, I'm all for comfort. So those of you who swear by them...I'm happy you found comfy shoes! I'll stick with my trainers and flip-flops.

Last year when we were in Alabama, we were at a restaurant and a little boy had on a pair that had a red, white and blue motif. My little boy kept looking at them and looking at them and finally he got up the nerve to tell the kid he likes his shoes! Heehee...he gets that from me...

+ Reply to Thread