+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Add me to the list of people who will never give up my crocs; you will never understand until you wear a pair for a full day on your feet! Believe me, as cheap as I am, no way would I pay $30 or more for rubber shoes if they didn't perform as advertised. I did get one pair of off brand, but they weren't quite as comfortable.
    Rattus...you paid $275 for a purse? I know, I know, everyone else can start laughing at me now. I understand that a "good' one might cost that much or more; I also know that means I have no desire to own one!
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2457886;
    Add me to the list of people who will never give up my crocs;

I have a few pair and wear them all the time. They're comfortable and easy to slip on and off. Yes, I'm lazy.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

My coworker bought a pair of Crocs on Friday. We were all laughing at her until we actually tried them on
    Now, I'm considering buying a pair...

ETA: Lil, I wouldn't say you are lazy, I'd say with 3 kids, you are thinking of what you choose to spend your time on.

don't laugh - my current favorite purse cost me $4.99 at Krogers. It is actually a summer drawstring beach bag - like a soft backpack in a black and white print - comfy, easy to use - so I bought another one in pink.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2457794;
    Yep, I couldn't care less how ugly they are, they are a lifesaver (or at least a knee saver) to me. I have bursitis in my knees and Crocs are the only things I can walk in for any length of time. I wear them on my commute to work every day, and then when I go for my walk at lunchtime, which means I can go two miles. But the other day I was feeling like looking slightly more dainty so I wore a more attractive but still comfortable cork-soled sandal. But by the end of the day, my knee was swollen to the size of a grapefruit and I had to spend the next day with my leg elevated and a heating pad on my knee. So I will be wearing Crocs until the day I die, regardless of what they look like or anyone's opinions of them.
    I don't have crocs, but I do have birkenstocks and I have reached a point in my life were comfort trumps fashion. Besides, I have 2 friends that are both fashionistas and both are now possibly going to have to have surgery on their feet from YEARS of wearing shoes that looked good, but were not good for their feet. One goes weekly for cortisone injections in her foot right now because of the problems she's having. Her doctor saw her shoes and went on a huge rant about what she was wearing versus what she needs to be wearing. Both women are on their feet all day at work too. The dr. told the one that if she was going to be standing all day, she needed VERY good support for her feet.

Even my husband got crocs for work. I almost died when I saw them as he only owns 3 pairs of shoes and would usually never buy something like that, but he has so much arthritis in his back, hips, knees and ankles and he says the crocs are a godsend for him.

Rattus I hope your knee is better soon. Get rid of the other shoes and stick with the crocs.
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

I tried the Croc flip-flops and they are very comfortable, but they're very wide and I kept tripping on them (remember, I'm the one who walks into walls, though). My former neighbor is a nurse and she swears by Klogs brand. She says they are very cushy and fit better. Anyone ever try them?
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

In my own little world where all things are Idol......

I also like the crocs...my only complaint.....my feet sweat alot in them! Does this happen to anyone else or are my feet having hot flashes like the rest of my body?
    Reality is the beginning...not the end....Wallace Stevens

Quote Originally Posted by queenb;2457886;
    Rattus...you paid $275 for a purse? I know, I know, everyone else can start laughing at me now. I understand that a "good' one might cost that much or more; I also know that means I have no desire to own one!
    Yeah, I thought it was a ridiculous price too, but I wasn't sure. The thing is, I'm not a purse junkie, I just want a leather bag in the right size (big) and shape (rectangular), with the right strap (wide and over the shoulder, acros the chest) with the right number and size of zipper pockets, without a flap and with no decorative doo-dads, and one in brown and one in black. After years of purchasing cheaper bags with no satisfaction, I finally found these two that met my specs exactly and so I'll never have to buy another bag again. In that respect, they'll actually save me money and the aggravation of purse shopping (hate purse shopping. Hate shopping for anything but antiques, actually).
    Quote Originally Posted by bbnbama;2458043;
    I also like the crocs...my only complaint.....my feet sweat alot in them! Does this happen to anyone else or are my feet having hot flashes like the rest of my body?
    I've been having the same problem with my feet, but not my body (yet), so probably not hot flashes. I've been spraying my feet with tea (steeped tea in a spray bottle) every morning, and that seems to help.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

MRD

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2458104;
    Yeah, I thought it was a ridiculous price too, but I wasn't sure. The thing is, I'm not a purse junkie, I just want a leather bag in the right size (big) and shape (rectangular), with the right strap (wide and over the shoulder, acros the chest) with the right number and size of zipper pockets, without a flap and with no decorative doo-dads, and one in brown and one in black. After years of purchasing cheaper bags with no satisfaction, I finally found these two that met my specs exactly and so I'll never have to buy another bag again. In that respect, they'll actually save me money and the aggravation of purse shopping (hate purse shopping. Hate shopping for anything but antiques, actually).
    This sounds like a leather purse I saw and wanted for the same reason. Good quality leather, would last a lifetime, so worth the price. I still didn't buy it though.

Bama, I had a good friend that had horrible problems with feet sweating in any shoe. Her doctor told her to rub anti-persperant on the bottoms of her feet and it helped. (might help with odor too. Not that I think your feet stink or anything! )
    Que me amat, amet et canem meum
    (Who loves me will love my dog also)

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

One thing that I have learned over the last 10 years, when I had been having knee, hip, and some back discomfort, is that the problems seem to be alignment problems that have originated from my feet. I have had custom made orthotics for my shoes, and that made all of the difference in my knee, hip and back. Since they (the custome made) orthotics die after a couple of years, and you have to have them redone, I decided to spend some money and go to The Good Feet Store. It's a little embarassing, but it was one of the best, long lasting supports I've ever had. They can be hard to get used to, but once I did, I can't imagine being without them. I stopped wearing them for several weeks, once, and my left hip caused me so much pain and difficulty, that somebody actually offered me a cane!! I actually had to stop and think before I took a step, hoping that I would not fall. Once I started wearing the orthotics again.....voila!!....the pain went away which is what told me that my problems were with my feet alignment...not my knee, not my back, and not my hip. Amazing! I can't imagine using a shoe with very little support...like those very popular ballet slippers. I hurt just reading about them! I don't know if anyone else has worn Clark's shoes, but they are some of the most supportive, comfortable shoes I've ever met! And they have a decent look to them. They were meant for me!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread