+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2452989;
    I just expect a person to see "missed call" and know I called and call me back.

PS - I'm in my 20s also. Must be our generation.
    Not everyone has caller ID. I don't and I never will have. If someone wants me to call back, they must leave a message. Honestly, if someone isn't polite enough to leave a message, I'm not really interested in communicating with them anyway.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2450146;
    Speaking of the beach, what is with preteens and skimpy bikinis? Do their mothers even go shopping with them? Do they want them to look like that? I'm embarassed for them and saddened at the same time. They can't have fun because they're always yanking and adjusting. sigh.
    String bikinis for 8-12 years olds is wrong, just awful. I live in Arizona and have an 8 year old daughter and this is a battle, but she gets it. I let her wear a tankini, a long top one that shows about 2 inches of her belly, that's all she can show.
    Why oh why are parents allowing their little girls to show all of their bodies at such a young age, it's frightening.

I found just about all little girls clothes are too sexualizing when I had to shop for my daughter when she was in the 5 to 10 year old group---and that was almost 10 years ago! It seems that as a culture, we are telling our girls that their only value is in how much attention they can get from boys. So clothes are very revealing and way beyond their years as in bikinis, thong underwear, low cut jeans etc. You never see little boy fashions going this route.

Likes Scottish Vikings! talldede's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;2453102;
    I found just about all little girls clothes are too sexualizing when I had to shop for my daughter when she was in the 5 to 10 year old group---and that was almost 10 years ago! It seems that as a culture, we are telling our girls that their only value is in how much attention they can get from boys. So clothes are very revealing and way beyond their years as in bikinis, thong underwear, low cut jeans etc. You never see little boy fashions going this route.
    You are correct, and it's even worse now, present day. It's very subtle too, watch some kids movies and shows, you'll be amazed at the cleavage they show on these young actresses who are 15 and 16! Ugh!

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2453075;
    Not everyone has caller ID. I don't and I never will have. If someone wants me to call back, they must leave a message. Honestly, if someone isn't polite enough to leave a message, I'm not really interested in communicating with them anyway.
    Oh, I'm only talking about when I call cell phones. I'm sorry, I guess I should have clarified that. All cells have caller ID, that's how I know I don't need to leave a message because people will see that I called.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

As an anti-telephone person, just because I see that you have called is no reason for me to call you back. So many people really don't want anything, but they really like to raise a lot of noise with you if you don't call them back. I have a wack-o friend like that.

And, Unk, I honestly believe that if something is really wrong, you will get a message. "Mom! You got any money?!" "Mom! I'm sick!" (means 'I've got a sore throat.') Luckily for me, that is about as bad as it gets. If it's truly bad news, I really believe that it will find me, no matter what. ("Call my mom!!")....it's only 'Call my dad,' if he can't find me. That's why God gave him 2 parents!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2453270;
    Oh, I'm only talking about when I call cell phones. I'm sorry, I guess I should have clarified that. All cells have caller ID, that's how I know I don't need to leave a message because people will see that I called.
    Actually, the cell phones Mr. Rattus and I have don't have call display. We went for the most basic, sturdy, featureless phones you can get - totally not into phone culture.
    All I wanted was a 45, a stinking 45 - the record or the gun. I'd even settle for the damn malt liquor. - Al Bundy.

Quote Originally Posted by Rattus;2453313;
    Actually, the cell phones Mr. Rattus and I have don't have call display. We went for the most basic, sturdy, featureless phones you can get - totally not into phone culture.
    Well, there isn't anything wrong with that. Even if your cell doesn't have all the bells and whistles, at least you have something to use in case there would be an emergency or something.

I'll be sure if I ever call you to leave a voicemail. haha

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2453498;
    Well, there isn't anything wrong with that. Even if your cell doesn't have all the bells and whistles, at least you have something to use in case there would be an emergency or something.

I'll be sure if I ever call you to leave a voicemail. haha
    Thanks, appreciate it .

Quote Originally Posted by talldede;2453076;
    String bikinis for 8-12 years olds is wrong, just awful. I live in Arizona and have an 8 year old daughter and this is a battle, but she gets it. I let her wear a tankini, a long top one that shows about 2 inches of her belly, that's all she can show.
    Why oh why are parents allowing their little girls to show all of their bodies at such a young age, it's frightening.
    There are a couple of little girls at our community pool who wear these....they are also extremely chubby. It's not attractive. They are constantly readjusting and half the time a body part is half hanging out. Their mother drops them off and leaves them there all day by themselves. Thats a pet peeve of mine, too. They are both probably under 10.

+ Reply to Thread