+ Reply to Thread
Page 101 of 238 FirstFirst ... 51919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 2377

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Re: Current fads you wish would die off today...

Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter;2450146;
    My daughter wears those diva glasses and I insisted she get polarized glasses for lifeguarding. We went all around looking for oversized ones without much luck. She got the biggest ones she could find. I keep telling her the job is not about fashion. Speaking of the beach, what is with preteens and skimpy bikinis? Do their mothers even go shopping with them? Do they want them to look like that? I'm embarassed for them and saddened at the same time. They can't have fun because they're always yanking and adjusting. sigh.
    Gutmutter, while probably a lot more expensive, you can go to any eyeglass place (LensCrafters, etc.) and get them there.

FORT Fanatic

We have a 0 tolerance policy in our house on two piece suits. It is just not going to happen. There are plenty of really cute fashionable one piece suits and it is that or nothing.
    So the 12 yr old pretty much is happy to go. Most of the moms of the girls she hangs out with agree and the summer camp she goes to doesn't allow two piece suits either so it hasn't been a problem yet.
    They do look rather silly with all the adjusting!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I hate it that my son and his friends don't believe in leaving telephone messages when they call and no one answers....business or casual calls. He told me, "Mom, people my age don't leave messages. We just call back." I think that is totally stupid. again! That is even if he calls for me. The speed at which I call people back is directly related to the message left. It's like people not using a turn signal, to me. If you don't signal, don't expect me to read your mind.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2451057;
    I hate it that my son and his friends don't believe in leaving telephone messages when they call and no one answers....business or casual calls. He told me, "Mom, people my age don't leave messages. We just call back." I think that is totally stupid. again! That is even if he calls for me. The speed at which I call people back is directly related to the message left. It's like people not using a turn signal, to me. If you don't signal, don't expect me to read your mind.
    And this is the wired/wireless generation that needs constant contact via cellphones etc.?

I have a friend in his mid 20s who will call and rarely leave a message, but expects everyone else to leave messages for him.. wha??
    - The Dean Martin Show -

Petula Clark: You know they say you can't buy happiness.
    Dean Martin: No but you can pour it..

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I was wondering if it was just my son, or if what he said was really true. Sometimes, they will tell you things just because they know it will get under your skin. Thanks for your confirmation! My son is in his 20s, too.

A lot of times, I won't answer the phone if it's not for me. A friend of his called last night and I unexpectedly answered the phone. The poor girl was "so shook" that she could hardly speak. She was stammering and falling all over her words...but very polite. I do wonder about their skills and abilities.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2451057;
    hahaha... Funny you should bring this up. I never leave anyone voicemails, including my mother. My mom will call me for no reason and leave me a voicemail saying 'Hey just wanted to see what you were doing, call me back.' I don't get it. If she didn't want anything, don't leave a message. Even if she did need something, I'll see she called and call her right back. I just expect a person to see "missed call" and know I called and call me back.

PS - I'm in my 20s also. Must be our generation.
    Wake up and be awesome

you know, not everyone has caller id.

my mom will never leave a message. she just hangs up before my machine answers at home. So when she give me the 'I've been trying to call you' - I have to tell her that if she would leave a message I would know and I would call her back.

Quote Originally Posted by AshleyPSU;2452989;
    hahaha... Funny you should bring this up. I never leave anyone voicemails, including my mother.
    PS - I'm in my 20s also. Must be our generation.
    As a parent however, it concerns me that there might be something wrong and I would like to know that. What happens if I can't reach you? Yeah I have a cell and a home phone as do my kids. We should be able to get each other 24/7 but what if there is a problem and you can't use your phone?
    The speed at which I call people back is directly related to the message left.
    Exactly how I feel also.

<--- this 38 year old never listens to messages. I just see that I had a missed call and call the person back. Frustrates the heck out of people to no end, but they still keep leaving me messages.

I'm an anomaly.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway;2453063;
    I'm an anomaly.
    Check your messages first!

+ Reply to Thread