+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 238 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Current fads you wish would die off today...

FORT Fan
    I *must* add my absolute hatred of the low-rider/cropped shirt look. If for no other reason than it's been around for years and I'm bored looking at it. I agree that Britney Spears probably is the one responsible for this look. And let me just add that I cannot wait for that girl to go through menopause! lol Let's see her in a crop top after she gets a four-inch bulge of fat in her gut that can't be dieted or kick-boxed off! Ha ha ha!

There also seems to be a fad among younger people with taking pride in not bathing or wearing freshly laundered clothes. Were the Osbourne kids responsible for this trend? Why is it cool to stink? And do the people who stink realize that others can smell them? Well, if you don't bathe and you're reading this...YES we can smell you! And for some reason you always manage to pick the seat next to mine on public transporation. Gag me.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I hope they get rid of every card game fad and that none of them ever comes up again!

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Here is one - flip flops. Life's not a beach, and they can actually hurt you. Know when and where to wear them. Read: at home, or aforementioned beach.
    My sister and I were going to the store and spotted a turtle in the road; she jumped out to save the turtle and picked it up but then got tangled up in her flip flops and ended up skinned all over and with a broken finger when she fell on the pavement.
    I have found the Truth and it doesn't make sense.

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    And then there are us hopelessly short chicks that are 5'0 with a 27 inch inseam. I cant even get most petite pants to fit me and I abhor having to take everything up. So.. I get to buy cropped pants and wear them as normal length. I cropped pants.
    me too broadway! all of my "tall" friends think it is so funny when i head straight for the capris and they still touch the floor. *sigh* even petite is too long. lets hope the capri fad doesn't die.
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Oh I have another one! I absolutely hate the cut jeans. I mean why would anyone cut their jeans. Whats the point of new jeans if youre gonna put holes in them. But I dont think many people wear those today but I still see a few every once in a while

MIA, RIP, or Busy...
    I saw one today...please please please get rid of all those chains hanging down on the side of your droopy pants. What is all that for anyway?
    A Bachelor fan til it dies a slow death and oddly enough, A Rock of Love fan...finest hair extensions from Europe and all. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Siryn
    Here is one - flip flops. Life's not a beach, and they can actually hurt you. Know when and where to wear them. Read: at home, or aforementioned beach.
    Hell no... You can wear pluggers anywhere. Beach, mall, school, a football game, to Sydney, and I have been known to wear them to formal dinner. For six months, my top pair of shoes has been my pair of well worn pink and red Paul Frank flip flops. And I've never had an injury resulting from them, but I have had an injury resulting from my ugg boots. (Or maybe it was the half bottle of bourbon I drank while wearing them?)

I'm not a fan of most high heeled thongs though.

Not sure if this has been discussed yet, but I hate capri pants....the ones that look like "high water" pants.....on most women they just look ridiculous. I have never bought a pair of those pants thinking surely the fad wouldn't last long, and then I'd be left with all these not-quite-long-enough pants. However, it seems this fad is never-ending.....I think it's been years, so so much for what I know! But I hate them nonetheless. :phhht

Oops....I just noticed a few posts above that capris are mentioned. I was too lazy to read everyone's posts earlier.....oh yeah, did I mention I hate lazy people!?!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

I actually bought a pair of demin capris from Old Navy...hey, they were on sale. They don't look too bad and they fit really good...just call me a fashion victim.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I actually bought a pair of demin capris from Old Navy...hey, they were on sale. They don't look too bad and they fit really good...just call me a fashion victim.
    Actually, I probably have a skewed viewpoint. I am 5'8", and throughout most of my life, before you could buy pants in specific lenghths, my pants were always short, and I'd have to let the hems down. So to me, they just look like they don't fit. My friends and daughter love them. I refuse to even try them on!!
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

+ Reply to Thread