+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dream Date.

FORT Fogey

Dream Date.

What was the one date that stands out in your mind,, sort of makes you stop and remember it,, you couldn't believe it was real at the time?

Easy one. It was the date that convinced me I was ready to marry Mrs Jodaar. It started at about 10:00 in the morning & ended a little after midnight. Only 15 hour date I've ever had, but seemed like it was over too soon. I won't go into detail, but it was one of the best days of my life. Thanks for bringing back the memories firegirl.

Well there was the one with my future husband that started with just going out to dinner and lead to us sitting on my parent's couch all night talking, he finally left about 8am. It was lovely because by that time we were living 300 miles apart and it was great to see we still had a strong connection.

The other date would be my very first one at age 16 when I was fixed up on a blind date for a college formal where my older sister went to school. The slightly older good looking guy who I dated for months. The thrill of being with all these older kids and having freedom/ It was wonderful. (of course when thinking about this I do have to ignore the breakup that occured later, but that is another thread)
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

It ain't easy being green Wayner's Avatar
    Mine was a blind date. A friend set us up, we talked on the phone a few times, and set up the date. I picked her up Saturday morning in Denver. She was 5'11", blonde, slender, amazing. We drove up to Rocky Mountain National Park, over Trail Ridge Road into the lake town of Granby and had lunch in a little outdoor cafe. Then a walk along the lake before we drove back down to Denver on the other side of the mountains. Started at about 9AM and dropped her off at 5PM. We had GREAT conversation, laughed a lot, and an amazing good-bye kiss. I got home about 6PM and called to thank her for a terrific day. We both agreed the day ended too soon. That was the first of many great dates together.

Of course we only dated for about 3 months. I met Mrs. Wayner 4 months later.

Aww, sweet stories everyone.

This is a great topic, although somewhat bittersweet for me- my BF of 16 months, Josh, and I broke up (mutual decision-though I initiated it- I'm such a heartbreaker ) before New Year's Eve. (In time for me to get another NYE date. )

Anyway, my best date was one of my first with him. He was from Pennsylvania, but his family moved to upstate NY right before he started college. When we first met at NYU, he'd never extensively toured the city- seen all the "sights" and such. SO on our first date, I was the willing tour guide. We left that morning and went to the Statue of Liberty, Metro. Museum of Art, Empire State Building, everywhere. That evening we wound it up with a carriage ride in Central Park. Aww. Seeing everything through his eyes for the first time was an amazing experience. The only first date I've ever had where a guy really stole my heart.

Sorry to hear about the split Kylie.
    This does of course clear the field for Ben though.
    I'm rootin' for you two to get together.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Thanks, Fluff.

I'm rooting for us too (lol what would Ken think? ) but he currently has a GF. We'll see what happens there.

okay, okay... where's the ben thread as i have no idea who this ben person is!

*edited to add....
    ok, i'm sorry... i'm just realizing that ben IS ken. :stupid

Ben isn't Ken.

Hmmm, where was Ben mentioned?
    I think it was in the "let's get romantic" thread.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Nope, it was the "What did you score for Christmas" thread. Here you go.

My best friend in the world, Ben, who I love to death {and would marry today if he asked me}, got me the sweetest thing. A nice silver frame that holds four pics of us. One is of us kissing as babies ( our first kiss ), one of us at prom together senior year, one of us at HS graduation, and one of us a couple months ago. Enscribed on the frame was "Kylie and Ben" and across the bottom it said "Treasured Memories" Can I get an AWWWW, ladies? ( Sure, I'd hinted that I wanted some nice pics of us. , still, he actually came through! He put more thought into my gift than my freakin boyfriend. I love this guy. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast