+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tournament of Roses Parade

Originally posted by BravoFan
    John, you should tune in to Fox. The Cotton Bowl has been great.
    *grumble grumble*...LSU loses yet another 17-7 lead this season...*grumble grumble*

What's wrong with you people!? (but not an angry guy, just a confused one)

I thought it was great! HGTV had it on w/no commercials. And do y'all realize that EVERY visable surface must be covered with something organic? (No, i'm not a tree hugger) but it is so cool to see the beauty/art that can be created with things from nature - crushed walnuts, coffee, cinnamin, all kinds of neat stuff. I thought the HGTV people rocked - Rebecca Kohls, Paul James (who has a funny outdoors/gardening show), and some other guy. Because they are gardening people they were able to give alot of insight that the other stations did not.

And the HGTV site has info on most of the floats, in case you change your minds and are interested. :smile
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

I almost flipped onto HGTV just to see what their coverage was like. If I'd have known it was commercial free, I'd have switched.

The float with the slide, I know they had to get a variance from the Rose Parade committee to not cover the inside of the slide with organic marterial, so it would actually work.

Some of the stuff they covered those floats with was funny. I really liked the Gumby/Pokey float personally.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by lobeck
    *grumble grumble*...LSU loses yet another 17-7 lead this season...*grumble grumble*
    Lo! I didn't realize you were an LSU fan!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Bravo- did you watch the Sugar Bowl? It hurt me to see FSU lose. I'm a big Seminoles fan. QB Chris Rix, as I'm sure you heard, was ineligible to play. His dad was in the hospital, and he was talking to relatives about his condition until late one night. Next morning, he overslept and missed an exam.

The team went to pieces without him. Bahh, UGA.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I missed the Sugar Bowl! But I did hear about the controversy!

I did enjoy Rose and Oange though!

I'll probably watch the Fiesta thought I don't really like Ohio State and I don't like Miami either, so....
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12