+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm off to Basic Training!!!

I'm off to Basic Training!!!

Hi all, well folks it seems my time at the FORT has come to a temporary end . I'm shipping off to Navy bootcamp and the start of my adult life Thursday morning and I have to say my farewell to everyone including my fellow FORTers before I leave. Since I'm not that into good-byes, I will keep this short and sweet. I love this forum and the people here. From the heated debates I've gotten into to all the advice I have recieved from you kind folks it's made every visit here special. Among other things in my life I will miss my family, my friends, and the best website on the net Fans of Reality TV. I will proudly serve my country in the name of Reality T.V. all arcoss America. Man, I hate I'm going to miss the Amazing Race and Joe Schmo 2 while I'm in Basic but oh well!!!

PEACE OUT ALL!!!!
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

lamonte - I truly admire what you are doing, and sincerely wish you the best. Once you get settled in wherever you are going to be, you've got to get in touch and give us updates. I'm sure everyone would like to hear where you are and how you are adjusting. Be well, and be safe.
    Peace.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

Good for you lamonte! Do us FORTers proud!
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I feel all motherhen-ish. I wish you nothing but the best in your new life. I have such respect for people like you who step up to defend and maintain the freedom we enjoy. God bless you and may your time in the service be educational, fun, and (most importantly) safe. Good luck.
    "Luminous beings are we, not this crude matter."- Yoda

"I'll just see where Providence takes me and try to look like I got there confidently." - Craig Ferguson

Good Luck to you!

You make me proud!
    "In a world of pollution, profanity, adolescence, broccoli, zits, ozone depletion, racism, sexism, stupid guys and PMS, why the hell do people still tell me to have a nice day?" - Unknown

Up Where They Belong SurvivorGirl's Avatar
    Good luck Lamonte! I wish you the best and I'm sure you'll do the country proud. We'll miss you!

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    All the best to you, Lamonte!! I'm feeling mother-ish too now -- take care of yourself. You and all the others who serve in our military make America proud!!

(But man, missing the Amazing Race...there sure are asking a lot from our boys now, aren't they? )
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

3rd castle on the right with a bunch of flying monkeys. do not disturb. really.
    Good luck! and don't worry it's all just one big mind game. (good advice from my father when i went to air force basic training) just keep your head down and go to church to get away from the drill sgts, cause they can't go there!! wish you all the best and welcome to the club!
    It's you and me against the world...we attack at dawn.

Aw! You'll be missed, Lamonte! Best of luck, and all that! We'll hold a spot for you here!
    "Look, you love me, and I love you. Maybe in a different time, a different place, this would work out. But we both know that only one of us is leaving this room alive, and I'm the one holding the flame thrower." - Film Fakers

can i have your heart? unexplained's Avatar
    Good luck and all the best, lamonte!
    You select the person you want to be with, and then you let that person have the opportunity to select you. -Shayla

"The mind is its own place, and in it, self can make a Heav'n of Hell, a Hell of Heav'n." -John Milton, Paradise Lost.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast