+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Computer help needed!!

What I love about my iBOOK is that the Apple store has a group of people who know what they're doing. Since I know very little about mine and need help frequently, that is a definite plus. My sons had other pc's. Both switched to Macs and wonder what took them so long. You might like to check this site. apple.com/switch/

My father loves the people at the Apple Store. He's 80 and his two favorite stores to go to whenever he comes to town are the Apple Store and Fry's Electronics. He swears by MACs and the helpful Apple staff.

Also, while part of the allure of a laptop is that you can take it anywhere, it is also easier to steal or lose.
    Or drop as you're walking through the hotel parking lot on the way to check in.

Luckily, it was in a well-padded case. It cracked the plastic case on the corner, but didn't damage anything else.

Infocase makes several great "always on" cases that velcro to the computer, and then zip to open and shut. That's what I have on the iBook that goes to school with my soon-to-be-5th-grader. Supposedly setting up and putting away are the most dangerous times for a laptop. I want one of those "ruggedized" ones, that are safe for a drop of 3 feet, and waterproof.

I had a desktop for my first and 2nd years of university (I'll be going into my 3rd year in the fall) and it was such a pain to move it there & back. It takes up a lot of room in the car and when you're also moving other stuff, you wouldn't really want that. I just got a laptop from Dell about a month ago and it's been great because it's easy to take back and forth. It also takes up a lot less room on the desk so you have space for textbooks, etc.

If you do end up getting a desktop though, you could always password protect your computer so that people who don't know your password can't get on since you're worried about roommates using it when you're gone.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123