+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Brother in law robbing the cradle

My hubby is 8 years older than me,and I hate to say it but age really does make a difference(IMO). Older guys have already been places and lived things that you have not,therefore in a lot of cases,they have no desire to redo them.
    Plus, as far as females wanting an older men,well I think it has a lot to do with security(job,financial). Let's face it girls, by the time a gal is in her sexual prime,a man's "prime" is over. Hat's off to the older gal going for the young guy:-) LOL

Quote Originally Posted by KaiCee
    Hey, don't blame FORT...your the one struttin' around in his shorts
    Keep in mind that he's a CHICKEN! Rooster to be exact. Poultry doesn't even LIVE to be that old. He's probably not long for this world. Nope, not a good match for my friend KaiCee.

Quote Originally Posted by echo1960
    My hubby is 8 years older than me,and I hate to say it but age really does make a difference(IMO). Older guys have already been places and lived things that you have not,therefore in a lot of cases,they have no desire to redo them.
    Plus, as far as females wanting an older men,well I think it has a lot to do with security(job,financial). Let's face it girls, by the time a gal is in her sexual prime,a man's "prime" is over. Hat's off to the older gal going for the young guy:-) LOL

You may be right in many cases, but not for all of us. I'd like to think we are wiser in many ways including the bedroom and seeing things that I have seen before with someone who hasn't seen them brings a new perspective to the adventure.
    All the world needs a common thread, soccer, soccer, soccer
    TASAIL !!! ETHAN still #1!!! DISC Go Jon & Kris on TAR

I really don't agree that age automatically brings with it more wisdom, knowledge and sexual prowess. Bumbling idiots come in all age groups

If she's 24, Karna, she more than likely knows what she's doing. Maybe she's just testing out her dating options, like you said, and seeing what it's like to date a fireman.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

It's all a Mystery to Me KaiCee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ref guy
    I think lifestyle is the one of the most important parts of the age equation. Are you both active or are you both ones to watch the world go by. If active, then make sure the older of the two can still get around. That was one of the problems with my first marriage. She was not able to participate in my active lifestyle and she was 7 years older. Now I am the elder and I know I need to keep in shape to keep up with my younger leading lady so we can have 50 years together.
    Unfortunately, we can't really count on being able to "keep up" with our mates...and I'm not talking about age. Someone who gets sick or disabled is going to lose his/her speed no matter what age they are. If one partner isn't happy (millions of reasons are possible here...non age related...like "growing apart", children/familys from earlier marriages, misc. vices)...I know for me that when my marriage got really bad, I stopped wanting to do much of anything with the Mr. Age was a factor (he is 7 yrs younger than me) because of the difference in ages of our children...his were still in college and he still believed they were perfect and mine were adults...not so perfect.

Marriage and relationships are so darned complicated. I don't believe any ONE reason stands out as to why they fail or succeed. Some May-December marriages thrive...some fizzle.

Personally, I would date and marry within my age group now...but that is because I've had some pretty painful relationships with men that were older than me and men that were younger.
    When you learn, teach. When you get, give. ~ Maya Angelou

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Filangi
    Karna, I'm just going to ditto almost everyone before me. Age really doesn't matter and 14 years is certainly not some sort of freak show relationship.

However, you don't have a favorable impression of her. It seems like you wrote your bad feelings about the relationship off to the age difference. Could there be something else that bothers you about her? It's easy to fault her age, but maybe there is something else that bugs you.

It's normal for you to be protective, especially when you've mentionned he's made mistakes in the past. However, your question that 'what would a 24 year old guy see in a 38 year old' is pretty limiting. I'm 30 and I would doubt that I share the same qualities and characteristics with other 30 year old women. You never know, she might actually genuinely like him, not just because he's a firefighter.
    Not to beat a dead horse, I thought this thread would have been buried by now. Firstly, I totally respect everything everyone has said, I guess you just have to know my brother in law.

Miss F, I guess what bothers me is that he has major baggage, yet she still wants to date him. If I were her age I would have went running in the other direction! Also, somebody said something about being active, one of his excuses was that he is more active than she, she smokes, he doesn't, not that that should be an issue, so what is the attraction? I just think he can do better and would be better suited with someone closer to his age. He has almost grown children and is not looking to have more. We'll just have to see how this plays out, I'll keep you posted!

I am with my fiancee' because for once in my life, I am totally happy and am free to be me. I did not get with him for any financial wealth or his job or any job I may gain. He could be the poorest man on Earth, and I would still love him and choose him to be with the rest of my life. True he has been places and lived things that I haven't, but if I want to go somewhere or do something, he is usually game to do so. As far as his sexual prime, he has pleased me in more ways than any of the guys my age could ever have. I still think we all should choose our mates ourself. I know we look out for our family members, but this is really his decision.

Older guys have already been places and lived things that you have not,therefore in a lot of cases,they have no desire to redo them.
    I love to share the places I've been and the things I've done with someone new, be it older, younger or whatever. The look on her face when she sees the Grand Canyon for the 1st time, waking up and looking out the motel window to see the Rocky Mountains, walking around Times Square, etc. I love it!

Unk.. I can see why Chicks dig you

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott
    I love to share the places I've been and the things I've done with someone new, be it older, younger or whatever. The look on her face when she sees the Grand Canyon for the 1st time, waking up and looking out the motel window to see the Rocky Mountains, walking around Times Square, etc. I love it!
    Unk, that's so sweet! I am glad that many men share that viewpoint.

Kaicee, your words are very wise. There is no one formula--there is truly no real rhyme or reason when it comes to love.

And, Canadian Bunny, I can echo your post 100%.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345